xp Home Network problem

July 24, 2005 12:45:42 AM

I'm having an interesting problem with my home network.

I have three computers networked, one of which has a broadband
connection and another that shares the printer.

The internet gateway connection works fine on all computers.

The printer sharing works fine on all computers.

All computers show up on the Network Connections list.

All computers can ping each other no problem.

All xp firewalls are turned off, and all other firewalls have IP
exceptions set up.

All folders are set to 'share'.

However...not all computers can map the other drives or access each
other through Network Places.

Computer 1 can map the other two, but can only access one of them
through Network Connections.

Computer 2 can map and access computer 3.

Computer 3 can map computer 2, but can't access or map computer 1.

I am at the end of my wits - does anyone know how to solve this
annoying problem?

Cheers,

Bruce

More about : home network problem

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 11:21:10 AM

Windows XP Professional File Sharing:
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_fileshar...

--
Mark L. Ferguson
<b_lwalker@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1122176742.490256.144670@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> I'm having an interesting problem with my home network.
>
> I have three computers networked, one of which has a broadband
> connection and another that shares the printer.
>
> The internet gateway connection works fine on all computers.
>
> The printer sharing works fine on all computers.
>
> All computers show up on the Network Connections list.
>
> All computers can ping each other no problem.
>
> All xp firewalls are turned off, and all other firewalls have IP
> exceptions set up.
>
> All folders are set to 'share'.
>
> However...not all computers can map the other drives or access each
> other through Network Places.
>
> Computer 1 can map the other two, but can only access one of them
> through Network Connections.
>
> Computer 2 can map and access computer 3.
>
> Computer 3 can map computer 2, but can't access or map computer 1.
>
> I am at the end of my wits - does anyone know how to solve this
> annoying problem?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bruce

July 24, 2005 7:35:36 PM

"" wrote:
> I'm having an interesting problem with my home network.
>
> I have three computers networked, one of which has a broadband
> connection and another that shares the printer.
>
> The internet gateway connection works fine on all computers.
>
> The printer sharing works fine on all computers.
>
> All computers show up on the Network Connections list.
>
> All computers can ping each other no problem.
>
> All xp firewalls are turned off, and all other firewalls have
> IP
> exceptions set up.
>
> All folders are set to 'share'.
>
> However...not all computers can map the other drives or access
> each
> other through Network Places.
>
> Computer 1 can map the other two, but can only access one of
> them
> through Network Connections.
>
> Computer 2 can map and access computer 3.
>
> Computer 3 can map computer 2, but can't access or map
> computer 1.
>
> I am at the end of my wits - does anyone know how to solve
> this
> annoying problem?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bruce