Forgot administrator password

After recovering from a trojan virus, I set up an administrative and guest
account to avoid having my son download anything on my computer. Problem is
that I have forgotten what the password is and am now unable to do anything
on my computer since I can only get in as a guest.

Is there a way to recover this password or reset my system so that I can
maintain it?? I am using XP Proffessional Service Pack 2 on my home computer.

I will make sure not to make this mistake again since I can't even update my
virus protection unless I am signed into the administrator account.
2 answers Last reply
More about forgot administrator password

    Hi

    Please try the following link:

    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar­/lostpass.htm

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Gypsie" <Gypsie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After recovering from a trojan virus, I set up an administrative and guest
    > account to avoid having my son download anything on my computer. Problem
    > is
    > that I have forgotten what the password is and am now unable to do
    > anything
    > on my computer since I can only get in as a guest.
    >
    > Is there a way to recover this password or reset my system so that I can
    > maintain it?? I am using XP Proffessional Service Pack 2 on my home
    > computer.
    >
    > I will make sure not to make this mistake again since I can't even update
    > my
    > virus protection unless I am signed into the administrator account.

    At welcome screen, hit Ctrl+All+Del twice and you will see an account
    named "Administrator" (not you administrative account). Its password was
    set when installing XP. Do you remember it?

    --
    Windows Update issues?
    http://www.fermu.com/content/category/5/76/37/lang,us/

    "Gypsie" <Gypsie@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
    > After recovering from a trojan virus, I set up an administrative and
    > guest
    > account to avoid having my son download anything on my computer.
    > Problem is
    > that I have forgotten what the password is and am now unable to do
    > anything
    > on my computer since I can only get in as a guest.
    >
    > Is there a way to recover this password or reset my system so that I
    > can
    > maintain it?? I am using XP Proffessional Service Pack 2 on my home
    > computer.
    >
    > I will make sure not to make this mistake again since I can't even
    > update my
    > virus protection unless I am signed into the administrator account.

Computers Windows XP