cnbabe, common name, adware

I can't remove cnbabe or common name from my computer. Spybot and Adaware
will find them each and every time I run the program but they just won't go
away. How do I remove them permanently??
6 answers Last reply
More about cnbabe common name adware

    These types of infestations dig so deeply into the O/S that in many cases
    the generic removal tools can not get it all. Also, some of them will
    regenerate themselves. As soon as a piece of it is removed it will be
    replaced within moments.

    For a beginning, boot up the computer into *safe* mode and run your
    anti-spyware tools from within that environment. In many cases the spyware
    can be successfully removed by doing this.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

    Quote from: George Ankner

    "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > These types of infestations dig so deeply into the O/S that in many cases
    > the generic removal tools can not get it all. Also, some of them will
    > regenerate themselves. As soon as a piece of it is removed it will be
    > replaced within moments.
    >
    > For a beginning, boot up the computer into *safe* mode and run your
    > anti-spyware tools from within that environment. In many cases the spyware
    > can be successfully removed by doing this.

    In addition while in safe mode you must run the tools while logged in as
    each user including administrator. Do not reboot in between scans. Log out
    and log in as each user. Do not reboot until you have run all anti-spyware
    tools while logged in as each user.

    Kerry

    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard Urban
    > Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > Quote from: George Ankner
    >
    > "Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I can't remove cnbabe or common name from my computer. Spybot and Adaware
    >> will find them each and every time I run the program but they just won't
    >> go
    >> away. How do I remove them permanently??

    OK, I tried logging in to each account while in safe mode. The problem is
    that there were only 2 accounts listed to choose from (administrator and one
    other) when there should have been 3 total. I went back into regular mode
    and checked the accounts. I found ASP.NET listed as a limited account. I
    didn't add this account. Is this a concern? Anyway, how do I get to all of
    the accounts while in safe mode?

    http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=453072513

    --
    Mike Pawlak

    What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?
    http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

    PRB: Welcome to Windows Screen Appears When You Start Windows XP After You
    Install the .NET Framework 1.1
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827072

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:B2145D2E-E42D-420E-8771-A29C6B02B5F9@microsoft.com,
    Laura <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > OK, I tried logging in to each account while in safe mode. The problem is
    > that there were only 2 accounts listed to choose from (administrator and
    > one other) when there should have been 3 total. I went back into regular
    > mode and checked the accounts. I found ASP.NET listed as a limited
    > account. I didn't add this account. Is this a concern? Anyway, how do
    > I get to all of the accounts while in safe mode?
    >
    > "Kerry Brown" wrote:
    >
    >> "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in
    >> message news:OV7wIoFkFHA.3580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    >>> These types of infestations dig so deeply into the O/S that in many
    >>> cases the generic removal tools can not get it all. Also, some of them
    >>> will regenerate themselves. As soon as a piece of it is removed it will
    >>> be replaced within moments.
    >>>
    >>> For a beginning, boot up the computer into *safe* mode and run your
    >>> anti-spyware tools from within that environment. In many cases the
    >>> spyware can be successfully removed by doing this.
    >>>

    >> In addition while in safe mode you must run the tools while logged in as
    >> each user including administrator. Do not reboot in between scans. Log
    >> out and log in as each user. Do not reboot until you have run all
    >> anti-spyware tools while logged in as each user.
    >>
    >> Kerry
    >>
    >>> --
    >>> Regards,
    >>>
    >>> Richard Urban
    >>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>>
    >>> Quote from: George Ankner
    >>> "If you knew as much as you thought you know,
    >>> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!"
    >>>
    >>> "Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    "Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > OK, I tried logging in to each account while in safe mode. The problem is
    > that there were only 2 accounts listed to choose from (administrator and
    > one
    > other) when there should have been 3 total. I went back into regular mode
    > and checked the accounts. I found ASP.NET listed as a limited account. I
    > didn't add this account. Is this a concern? Anyway, how do I get to all
    > of
    > the accounts while in safe mode?

    ASP.NET should be OK. If you have another account that is not showing up
    press the Control Alt and Delete keys at the same time. In the window that
    pops up type in the user name and password in the appropriate boxes.

    Kerry

    > "Kerry Brown" wrote:
    >
    >> "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in
    >> message
    >> > These types of infestations dig so deeply into the O/S that in many
    >> > cases
    >> > the generic removal tools can not get it all. Also, some of them will
    >> > regenerate themselves. As soon as a piece of it is removed it will be
    >> > replaced within moments.
    >> >
    >> > For a beginning, boot up the computer into *safe* mode and run your
    >> > anti-spyware tools from within that environment. In many cases the
    >> > spyware
    >> > can be successfully removed by doing this.
    >> >

    >> In addition while in safe mode you must run the tools while logged in as
    >> each user including administrator. Do not reboot in between scans. Log
    >> out
    >> and log in as each user. Do not reboot until you have run all
    >> anti-spyware
    >> tools while logged in as each user.
    >>
    >> Kerry
    >>
    >> > --
    >> > Regards,
    >> >
    >> > Richard Urban
    >> > Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
    >> >
    >> > Quote from: George Ankner
    >> > "If you knew as much as you thought you know,
    >> > You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!"
    >> >
    >> > "Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Support Microsoft Windows XP