cnbabe, common name, adware

July 24, 2005 10:32:01 AM

I can't remove cnbabe or common name from my computer. Spybot and Adaware
will find them each and every time I run the program but they just won't go
away. How do I remove them permanently??

More about : cnbabe common adware

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 2:14:39 PM

These types of infestations dig so deeply into the O/S that in many cases
the generic removal tools can not get it all. Also, some of them will
regenerate themselves. As soon as a piece of it is removed it will be
replaced within moments.

For a beginning, boot up the computer into *safe* mode and run your
anti-spyware tools from within that environment. In many cases the spyware
can be successfully removed by doing this.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

"Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can't remove cnbabe or common name from my computer. Spybot and Adaware
> will find them each and every time I run the program but they just won't
> go
> away. How do I remove them permanently??
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 2:14:40 PM

"Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o V7wIoFkFHA.3580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> These types of infestations dig so deeply into the O/S that in many cases
> the generic removal tools can not get it all. Also, some of them will
> regenerate themselves. As soon as a piece of it is removed it will be
> replaced within moments.
>
> For a beginning, boot up the computer into *safe* mode and run your
> anti-spyware tools from within that environment. In many cases the spyware
> can be successfully removed by doing this.

In addition while in safe mode you must run the tools while logged in as
each user including administrator. Do not reboot in between scans. Log out
and log in as each user. Do not reboot until you have run all anti-spyware
tools while logged in as each user.

Kerry

> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from: George Ankner
>
> "Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I can't remove cnbabe or common name from my computer. Spybot and Adaware
>> will find them each and every time I run the program but they just won't
>> go
>> away. How do I remove them permanently??

July 24, 2005 2:14:41 PM

OK, I tried logging in to each account while in safe mode. The problem is
that there were only 2 accounts listed to choose from (administrator and one
other) when there should have been 3 total. I went back into regular mode
and checked the accounts. I found ASP.NET listed as a limited account. I
didn't add this account. Is this a concern? Anyway, how do I get to all of
the accounts while in safe mode?

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

> "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o V7wIoFkFHA.3580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > These types of infestations dig so deeply into the O/S that in many cases
> > the generic removal tools can not get it all. Also, some of them will
> > regenerate themselves. As soon as a piece of it is removed it will be
> > replaced within moments.
> >
> > For a beginning, boot up the computer into *safe* mode and run your
> > anti-spyware tools from within that environment. In many cases the spyware
> > can be successfully removed by doing this.
> >

> In addition while in safe mode you must run the tools while logged in as
> each user including administrator. Do not reboot in between scans. Log out
> and log in as each user. Do not reboot until you have run all anti-spyware
> tools while logged in as each user.
>
> Kerry
>
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Richard Urban
> > Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
> >
> > Quote from: George Ankner
> > "If you knew as much as you thought you know,
> > You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!"
> >
> > "Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>I can't remove cnbabe or common name from my computer. Spybot and Adaware
> >> will find them each and every time I run the program but they just won't
> >> go
> >> away. How do I remove them permanently??

July 24, 2005 2:20:24 PM

http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=45...

--
Mike Pawlak
Anonymous

What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?
http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

PRB: Welcome to Windows Screen Appears When You Start Windows XP After You
Install the .NET Framework 1.1
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827072

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:B2145D2E-E42D-420E-8771-A29C6B02B5F9@microsoft.com,
Laura <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> OK, I tried logging in to each account while in safe mode. The problem is
> that there were only 2 accounts listed to choose from (administrator and
> one other) when there should have been 3 total. I went back into regular
> mode and checked the accounts. I found ASP.NET listed as a limited
> account. I didn't add this account. Is this a concern? Anyway, how do
> I get to all of the accounts while in safe mode?
>
> "Kerry Brown" wrote:
>
>> "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in
>> message news:o V7wIoFkFHA.3580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> These types of infestations dig so deeply into the O/S that in many
>>> cases the generic removal tools can not get it all. Also, some of them
>>> will regenerate themselves. As soon as a piece of it is removed it will
>>> be replaced within moments.
>>>
>>> For a beginning, boot up the computer into *safe* mode and run your
>>> anti-spyware tools from within that environment. In many cases the
>>> spyware can be successfully removed by doing this.
>>>

>> In addition while in safe mode you must run the tools while logged in as
>> each user including administrator. Do not reboot in between scans. Log
>> out and log in as each user. Do not reboot until you have run all
>> anti-spyware tools while logged in as each user.
>>
>> Kerry
>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Richard Urban
>>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> Quote from: George Ankner
>>> "If you knew as much as you thought you know,
>>> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!"
>>>
>>> "Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 12:46:15 AM

"Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OK, I tried logging in to each account while in safe mode. The problem is
> that there were only 2 accounts listed to choose from (administrator and
> one
> other) when there should have been 3 total. I went back into regular mode
> and checked the accounts. I found ASP.NET listed as a limited account. I
> didn't add this account. Is this a concern? Anyway, how do I get to all
> of
> the accounts while in safe mode?

ASP.NET should be OK. If you have another account that is not showing up
press the Control Alt and Delete keys at the same time. In the window that
pops up type in the user name and password in the appropriate boxes.

Kerry

!