Graphics driver issue

bill

I have one physical video card installed in my pc. Its a g4orce 4 ti4400
. In devmgr, i have a hidden, non present card also. Its a gforce
FX5200, which I had previously. I uninstalled it from devmgr, and of
course it also removed my drivers for the ti4400. But my problem is that
after the uninstall, my standby or hibernate options dont even appear
anymore. I am now using the integrated graphics with those drivers
installed, and standby/hibernate are still missing. Can anyone help? I
have XP Pro SP2 and would rather not do a sys restore or anything like
that.

dl

Usually the drivers found also in add/remove dialogue youve uninstalled
there?
Youve downloaded/installed drivers for the ti4400 from manu.site - NOT
winupdate?
You also need to disable on board graphics, unless your mobo auto disables
if it detects the card.

"Bill" <Bill@aol.com> wrote in message
> I have one physical video card installed in my pc. Its a g4orce 4 ti4400
> . In devmgr, i have a hidden, non present card also. Its a gforce
> FX5200, which I had previously. I uninstalled it from devmgr, and of
> course it also removed my drivers for the ti4400. But my problem is that
> after the uninstall, my standby or hibernate options dont even appear
> anymore. I am now using the integrated graphics with those drivers
> installed, and standby/hibernate are still missing. Can anyone help? I
> have XP Pro SP2 and would rather not do a sys restore or anything like
> that.

bill

before I went back to the intg graphics I tried the lastest driver from
nvidias website, but strangly I got a "the parameter is incorrect" error
after they installed. So it did not accept the new drivers. Anyway,
its not a big deal as I dont need that stong of a card any longer so I
just went back to the OB video. And after I obtained the latest drivers
for it my standby and hibetnate options re-appeared.

DL wrote:
> Usually the drivers found also in add/remove dialogue youve uninstalled
> there?
> Youve downloaded/installed drivers for the ti4400 from manu.site - NOT
> winupdate?
> You also need to disable on board graphics, unless your mobo auto disables
> if it detects the card.
>
> "Bill" <Bill@aol.com> wrote in message
>
>>I have one physical video card installed in my pc. Its a g4orce 4 ti4400
>> . In devmgr, i have a hidden, non present card also. Its a gforce
>>FX5200, which I had previously. I uninstalled it from devmgr, and of
>>course it also removed my drivers for the ti4400. But my problem is that
>>after the uninstall, my standby or hibernate options dont even appear
>>anymore. I am now using the integrated graphics with those drivers
>>installed, and standby/hibernate are still missing. Can anyone help? I
>>have XP Pro SP2 and would rather not do a sys restore or anything like
>>that.

dl

nvidea drivers can sometimes be problomatic to install, there is a driver
removal tool on guru3d web site