Netgear MA111 Problems?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 11, 2004 6:22:03 PM

Does anyone have Netgear MA111 experience and/or advice? I'm trying to set
up a simple 802.11b ad hoc network between my desktop and laptop, for
printer and Internet connection sharing, but I'm having difficulties making
it work. When I click "View Workgroup Computers" on either machine, the
machine itslef is displayed but the other machine isn't. Both machines run
Win XP Home. The MA111 is installed on the desktop. The laptop already has
802.11g which I understand is backward compatible with 802.11b.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

More about : netgear ma111 problems

Anonymous
May 12, 2004 12:10:22 AM

Mark Ainsworth <markains@mindspring.com> wrote:
> it work. When I click "View Workgroup Computers" on either machine, the
> machine itslef is displayed but the other machine isn't. Both machines run

I plugged a DLink DWL-122 USB 802.11b into my WinXP desktop, and tried to
adhoc with my Win2000 Laptop, which has been playing nicely via Orinoco
802.11b via a router at several places, including file sharing at home with
a couple of WinXP boxes.

It didn't play nicely in adhoc. I could see the shared folders listed, but
I couldn't descend into any of them.

This wasn't a hookup that I needed, so I didn't explore any further, I just
wanted to make sure the USB widget worked before I got too far from Fry's.

--
---