Closed

Atari Black Widow

anyone know what a working black widow arcade machine goes for? I know
that color vector monitors are expensive.
11 answers Last reply
More about atari black widow

    It really depends who you buy it from. If you buy from a collector it
    will most likly be more. There was one on eBay that had a buy-it-now of
    $500 and it looked nice if memory serves and it ended without a buyer.
    I would say $400 to $900 depending on condition.

    Todd

    var...@rochester.rr.com wrote:
    > anyone know what a working black widow arcade machine goes for? I know
    > that color vector monitors are expensive.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    I am picking up one that has been in storage for over 10 years and I am
    going to sell it. Looking for an Idea what to ask for it
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    $100. I'll take it.

    Pat D.

    :)

    Actually, as the first post pointed out, it depends on condition and
    whether it works or not. I would bet there are some issues with it if
    it has been in storage. If the artwork is very nice and everything is
    there and game plays blind (as I suspect it will), I would say about $600.

    Just a guess. Need photos to say for sure.

    vargas@rochester.rr.com wrote:
    > I am picking up one that has been in storage for over 10 years and I am
    > going to sell it. Looking for an Idea what to ask for it

  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    $500 would be correct based on what? Maybe your location? $250 is a
    pretty decent price for someone local who has the knowledge to fix it.
    It still needs monitor work, cosmetic work and Black Widow side art.
    That could easily turn into a $600 Black Widow investment. If you are
    looking for a Black Widow and someone has a super nice one local to
    you, $900 all day long. Maybe my low figure was off, I guess there is
    always the $25 Black Widow that bums used for years as a toilet.:)

    Todd
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Are we talking a 2 to 8 condition or to 10? I'm thinking 9 or 10 which
    I think of as having no screen burn with the whole monitor updated,
    rebuilt and super nice all the way around, collector quality. Tell me
    more about your $750 machine. NIB would be over $1000 but, maybe that's
    way off to.

    Todd

    guinness wrote:
    > >> $500 would be correct based on what? If you are looking for a Black Widow
    > >> and someone has a super nice one local to you, $900 all day long.
    >
    > Me reading rgvac and ebay daily for 6 years. Tell you what. I live in New
    > England which is not a cheap area for games. If anyone wants a nice one for
    > $750, let me know and I will hook you up immediately. Even in 2000\2001,
    > $700 was the going rate for nice specimen, although $500-$600 was
    > obtainable. Today, those figures are too high. $900 for a nice one is
    > just irresponsible to claim.
    >
    > tim (NH)
    >

    > <studiobassist@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > $500 would be correct based on what? Maybe your location? $250 is a
    > > pretty decent price for someone local who has the knowledge to fix it.
    > > It still needs monitor work, cosmetic work and Black Widow side art.
    > > That could easily turn into a $600 Black Widow investment. If you are
    > > looking for a Black Widow and someone has a super nice one local to
    > > you, $900 all day long. Maybe my low figure was off, I guess there is
    > > always the $25 Black Widow that bums used for years as a toilet.:)
    > >
    > > Todd

  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    $500 for a working upright would correct. If it plays blind you can knock
    off $100 at least. Theres one on ebay with a BIN of $250 that plays blind
    and THAT is a steal!

    tim (NH)

    <vargas@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
    > anyone know what a working black widow arcade machine goes for? I know
    > that color vector monitors are expensive.

  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    >> $500 would be correct based on what? If you are looking for a Black Widow
    >> and someone has a super nice one local to you, $900 all day long.

    Me reading rgvac and ebay daily for 6 years. Tell you what. I live in New
    England which is not a cheap area for games. If anyone wants a nice one for
    $750, let me know and I will hook you up immediately. Even in 2000\2001,
    $700 was the going rate for nice specimen, although $500-$600 was
    obtainable. Today, those figures are too high. $900 for a nice one is
    just irresponsible to claim.

    tim (NH)

    <studiobassist@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > $500 would be correct based on what? Maybe your location? $250 is a
    > pretty decent price for someone local who has the knowledge to fix it.
    > It still needs monitor work, cosmetic work and Black Widow side art.
    > That could easily turn into a $600 Black Widow investment. If you are
    > looking for a Black Widow and someone has a super nice one local to
    > you, $900 all day long. Maybe my low figure was off, I guess there is
    > always the $25 Black Widow that bums used for years as a toilet.:)
    >
    > Todd

  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    I passed up several Black Widows in the New England area for about
    $500 over the past few months.

    I don't think many of them sold. All of them were in average working
    order. A couple were closer to $400, but kind of far away from me.

    So i'd say $500 would be a price for someone that really wants one
    quickly without trying to find a deal, but if you don't want to hold
    onto it for several months or years, i'd ask less.

    Obviously if it's in museum mint condition with a super bright
    recapped burn in free monitor, perfect CPO, perfect side art with "no"
    flaking at all around any of the edges (very rare) it could be worth
    more, but chances are pretty slim anyone has one of them around here.

    As others have said, many people end up spending a lot more than
    you'd expect to repair these type of machines. My $135 Tempest
    project ended up costing over $500 by the time I bought a monitor, pcb
    & misc. parts. Had I paid for tech work, it would have been way more.
    My Tempest is probably a bit nicer than most, so I can't say I regret
    it, but I had no idea it would end up costing that much. And $300 for
    a monitor & PCB wasn't too bad either. Could have been a $800
    investment, but $500 Tempest machines are plentiful.

    I'm still looking for a deal on a Space Duel/Gravitar or Black Widow
    in the NE area. So far all offers have just been "average" priced or
    too far away. I'm not looking to buy at "average" price. I don't
    expect to steal one either. I'm sure someone will offer me a deal at
    some point, but i'm still waiting.

    More importantly, i'm looking for an Asteroids. I keep seeing great
    buys on them in other areas around $100, but people keep offering them
    to me in the $500 or so range! Not exactly the same kind of deal.

    Realistically, i'd be willing to pay about $200 - $250 for a
    non-working one, which I think is "more than fair" considering the
    dozens of $100 deals i've seen in other areas. $400 "max' for a nice
    working one if your close enough to RI. A little less if your 100
    miles away or more. $500 might be about average on a Black Widow or
    Asteroids, but not a "deal" by any means.

    On 31 May 2005 08:36:20 -0700, vargas@rochester.rr.com wrote:

    >anyone know what a working black widow arcade machine goes for? I know
    >that color vector monitors are expensive.

  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    If you know how to do a restoration, it can look like it just came from
    the factory. Again, you can find one for $100. When you say you don't
    have to look hard to find one at $500, you're right. Again, condition
    drives price, that's all I'm saying. I have seen mint Black Widow's
    that have been restored with fully rebuilt monitors, new art, new cpo,
    new joysticks, etc. Those are harder to find.

    There are some guy's in these groups that are happy with a water
    damaged game as long as it works and they get it for $50. Not me. I
    also will put a lot of time into the right machines to restore them
    too.

    I'm done posting on this subject, it is really getting beat to death
    now. I think all points has been made from everyone's perspective.

    Todd
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    People can ask whatever they want of course, and prices can be all
    over the place. Some dealers ask really high prices, and I guess if
    they know where to find buyers, great. They sell them to people that
    don't have a clue of the value, and certainly don't know about this
    group or eBay.

    But when posting on a newsgroup like this, it's generally people that
    know what the games are worth, and they generally want a deal on a
    machine unless it's super rare, mint condition or something like that.
    Most of us use eBay as a reference, and in most cases want to get a
    machine at least slightly cheaper than eBay, where the dealler has to
    pay part of the profits to eBay.

    Black Widow is not a rare machine, and you don't have to look too hard
    to find one at $500. If someone really wants to sell one, they'd ask
    less.

    Of course, most of the classic games are rare in arcades these days
    period, besides Galaga, MsPacman and a few others.

    Anyone willing to pay $900 for a Black Widow better expect it to look
    like it just came out of the factory.

    On 3 Jun 2005 16:24:29 -0700, studiobassist@hotmail.com wrote:

    > If you haggle too much, you may
    >lose the deal and not see another one for a long time.
    >
    >Anyways like the original post said, Black Widows up to $900 or maybe
    >even more.
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    I agree, all points have been made.

    I'm certainly not after one that has been completely restored.
    For most machines, I generally don't care for the look of repro
    sideart vs the original. In Black Widow's case, it was a kit for
    Gravitar so it probably would look the same.

    I'm looking for either a Space Duel, Gravitar or Black Widow.

    On 4 Jun 2005 03:54:44 -0700, studiobassist@hotmail.com wrote:

    >If you know how to do a restoration, it can look like it just came from
    >the factory. Again, you can find one for $100. When you say you don't
    >have to look hard to find one at $500, you're right. Again, condition
    >drives price, that's all I'm saying. I have seen mint Black Widow's
    >that have been restored with fully rebuilt monitors, new art, new cpo,
    >new joysticks, etc. Those are harder to find.
    >
    >There are some guy's in these groups that are happy with a water
    >damaged game as long as it works and they get it for $50. Not me. I
    >also will put a lot of time into the right machines to restore them
    >too.
    >
    >I'm done posting on this subject, it is really getting beat to death
    >now. I think all points has been made from everyone's perspective.
    >
    >Todd

Classifieds Games Video Atari Hot Deals