drops LAN connection every 25 seconds

What might cause a connection drop?
I have 2 computers on the router one drops the other doesn't.
1 answer Last reply
More about drops connection seconds

    "wine guy" <wine guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > What might cause a connection drop?
    > I have 2 computers on the router one drops the other doesn't.

    Bad cable or wireless connection. Bad NIC. Bad router port. Misconfigured
    TCP/IP settings. Malware.

    The possibilities are almost endless. After checking the cable, try a
    different cable on a different port on the router, I would scan for malware.
    Check here for a start on scanning for malware:

    http://www.aumha.org/secure.htm

    Kerry

LAN Connection Support Microsoft Windows XP