cant delete folder on desktop

I have a folder on the desktop. However, when I try to delete, cut, move
it, drag it to recycle bin etc I get an error message:

Error Deleting File Or Folder. Cannot delete PleaseGoAway: It is being used
by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the
file and try again.

No other programs are using the folder. Restarting the computer has no
effect.

When i right-click and choose properties there is a light grey tick in 'read
only' - if I untick this I get a message asking me if I want to apply the
change to the folder or all subfolders, but whatever I choose XP will still
not let me delete it and the attribute goes back to read-only.

This is beginning to annoy ! Any suggestions? I'm using XP home fully
patched.

Thanks :)

Found the answer - just posting here if anyone else is in the same position.

1. Went to Task Manager, Processes.
2. Killed off explorer.exe
3. Clicked 'New Task'
4. Ran CMD