Sign in with
Your question

"No Signal" After NIC Installation

Last response: in Networking
April 18, 2002 5:24:02 PM

Hello All...

This is random, but when i turn my client pc on (this is random and only from a cold boot) it will not post. I get a message on my monitor that just says "No Signal" and thats it. I have to press the power button to turn off, and as I power back up my CPU speed shows 366 but it is actually 733. As it is powering up it takes me to my BIOS, once i exit the BIOS all is fine. This started happening after i installed the NIC card. I have NO IRQ conflicks, my network is using a crossover cable, this client pc is a piii-733, ASUS TUSL2-C, Micron 512m, Win XP Pro, NIC is a Network Anywhere card form Linksys? What can i try?

Thanks
-fvlmasl2
April 18, 2002 5:51:38 PM

Does it work fine when you take the NIC out?

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>
April 18, 2002 6:48:14 PM

I have not tried. I should not assume, but i will and say that it would be fine if i took it out. That being said, what would my alternatives be if it is the NIC card?

Thanks
Related resources
April 18, 2002 7:25:37 PM

Try putting it in a different slot, i would see if it runs normally without the NIC first just to make sure that is the problem.

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>
April 18, 2002 7:59:06 PM

tried that already....i guess i will remove it and see what happens.
April 19, 2002 12:14:26 PM

Well, i removed the NIC and all seems fine. What will my options be now, knowing that this NIC may have been behind the error?

Thanks
-fvlmasl2
April 19, 2002 12:21:13 PM

try that card in a different PC, if it still screws up it's probably bad.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>
!