Password creation

All I need to know is how to create a password that is asked when the
computer starts. I don't need my young son starting up the computer when I'm
not around and deleting files ect. Not a log in pass that is overridden by
simply turning off the computer.or changing user ect. Only 1 user in the
house, me. I turn off the computer by going to start, log off ect. When I
need to use it, I push the button on CPU.( du?)
Thanks for any input.
1 answer Last reply
More about password creation

    I guess I don't understand what you mean. If you only have one user
    account, and the guest account is turned off, by applying a password to your
    account, there is no way your young son can operate the computer without the
    password, and no matter how many times you turn your computer off, that will
    not affect the logon password.
    As far as it goes, you can have more than one user account set up, yours
    would be the administrator account, the others can be set as 'limited'
    accounts, and if you provide a password for those accounts, assuming you are
    the only one who knows the password, no one except you can logon to those
    accounts, therefore you'd need to be present in order for your son to use
    the computer.
    Unless your young son knows an awful lot about computers, he won't be able
    to make any changes, or access your files from a limited account.

    "Eric B." <Eric B.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > All I need to know is how to create a password that is asked when the
    > computer starts. I don't need my young son starting up the computer when
    > I'm
    > not around and deleting files ect. Not a log in pass that is overridden by
    > simply turning off the computer.or changing user ect. Only 1 user in the
    > house, me. I turn off the computer by going to start, log off ect. When I
    > need to use it, I push the button on CPU.( du?)
    > Thanks for any input.

Computers Microsoft Windows XP