Password creation

July 24, 2005 6:01:02 PM

All I need to know is how to create a password that is asked when the
computer starts. I don't need my young son starting up the computer when I'm
not around and deleting files ect. Not a log in pass that is overridden by
simply turning off the computer.or changing user ect. Only 1 user in the
house, me. I turn off the computer by going to start, log off ect. When I
need to use it, I push the button on CPU.( du?)
Thanks for any input.

More about : password creation

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 8:15:58 PM

I guess I don't understand what you mean. If you only have one user
account, and the guest account is turned off, by applying a password to your
account, there is no way your young son can operate the computer without the
password, and no matter how many times you turn your computer off, that will
not affect the logon password.
As far as it goes, you can have more than one user account set up, yours
would be the administrator account, the others can be set as 'limited'
accounts, and if you provide a password for those accounts, assuming you are
the only one who knows the password, no one except you can logon to those
accounts, therefore you'd need to be present in order for your son to use
the computer.
Unless your young son knows an awful lot about computers, he won't be able
to make any changes, or access your files from a limited account.

!