Swapping memory size

I have 120gb split into two hard drives. The small one is my C: and contains
all my program files and its really full. How do I make my D: smaller and my
C: bigger. I only want to transfer some of the memory over not buy new
memory.

"Scott and Kim" <swilliams87@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have 120gb split into two hard drives. The small one is my C: and
>contains
> all my program files and its really full. How do I make my D: smaller and
> my
> C: bigger. I only want to transfer some of the memory over not buy new
> memory.

Buy Partition Magic after you visit their website to check out what it does.

"Scott and Kim" <swilliams87@wi.rr.com> wrote:

>I have 120gb split into two hard drives. The small one is my C: and contains
>all my program files and its really full. How do I make my D: smaller and my
>C: bigger. I only want to transfer some of the memory over not buy new
>memory.

A bit of a terminology problem here.

"Memory" is usually used with regard to RAM memory chips.

Space on the hard drive is usually referred to as "storage" or as
"disk space".

In order to change the sizes of the existing partitions on your hard
drive you need to use a partitioning utility. There is no Windows
component that will do what you want without also wiping out the
content of the existing partitions, which I assume that you do not
want to do.

Partition Magic from Symantec is a popular partitioning utility and is
quite easy to use. A second choice, and one that is less expensive,
is BootItNG from www.bootitng.com but that one is not quite as
user-friendly for inexperienced users as is Partition Magic. However
BootItNG is less expensive.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--