Anti virus program crashing windows XP?

To whom it may concern;

I am running Windows XP home Edition, SP2, On a Toshiba satellite notebook,
PIV 3.06gig, 1 GB of RAM.

I get repeated blue screen crashes. Afterwards. The windows event viewer
show a system failure "The Panda anti dialer service failed to start for the
following reason: A device attached to the system is not functioning. When
the report tool does give feedback it points to a bad driver or the Anti
virus or fiewall software.

I am using Panda Titanium internet security -silver box, Staples edition.I
have removed Symantec software using the Norton removal tool from syamantec
(a common request from Panda when I encounter these problems). Ar there any
suggestions as to what I can do here.

BTW, the computer crashed 2X while writing this.

Please help if you can.

Alan Franzi
1 answer Last reply
More about anti virus program crashing windows

    "Alan Franzi" <ajf56i@nospamworldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > To whom it may concern;
    >
    > I am running Windows XP home Edition, SP2, On a Toshiba satellite
    > notebook, PIV 3.06gig, 1 GB of RAM.
    >
    > I get repeated blue screen crashes. Afterwards. The windows event viewer
    > show a system failure "The Panda anti dialer service failed to start for
    > the following reason: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
    > When the report tool does give feedback it points to a bad driver or the
    > Anti virus or fiewall software.
    >
    > I am using Panda Titanium internet security -silver box, Staples edition.I
    > have removed Symantec software using the Norton removal tool from
    > syamantec (a common request from Panda when I encounter these problems).
    > Ar there any suggestions as to what I can do here.
    >

    > BTW, the computer crashed 2X while writing this.
    >

    > Please help if you can.
    >
    > Alan Franzi

    So, if you think it is the anti-virus program remove it. You'll find out
    that way.

    You can install a different program while testing out what you think- AVG
    for example.

Windows XP