Anti virus program crashing windows XP?

July 25, 2005 3:30:56 AM

To whom it may concern;

I am running Windows XP home Edition, SP2, On a Toshiba satellite notebook,
PIV 3.06gig, 1 GB of RAM.

I get repeated blue screen crashes. Afterwards. The windows event viewer
show a system failure "The Panda anti dialer service failed to start for the
following reason: A device attached to the system is not functioning. When
the report tool does give feedback it points to a bad driver or the Anti
virus or fiewall software.

I am using Panda Titanium internet security -silver box, Staples edition.I
have removed Symantec software using the Norton removal tool from syamantec
(a common request from Panda when I encounter these problems). Ar there any
suggestions as to what I can do here.

BTW, the computer crashed 2X while writing this.

Please help if you can.

Alan Franzi
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 3:51:28 AM

"Alan Franzi" <ajf56i@nospamworldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> To whom it may concern;
>
> I am running Windows XP home Edition, SP2, On a Toshiba satellite
> notebook, PIV 3.06gig, 1 GB of RAM.
>
> I get repeated blue screen crashes. Afterwards. The windows event viewer
> show a system failure "The Panda anti dialer service failed to start for
> the following reason: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
> When the report tool does give feedback it points to a bad driver or the
> Anti virus or fiewall software.
>
> I am using Panda Titanium internet security -silver box, Staples edition.I
> have removed Symantec software using the Norton removal tool from
> syamantec (a common request from Panda when I encounter these problems).
> Ar there any suggestions as to what I can do here.
>

> BTW, the computer crashed 2X while writing this.
>

> Please help if you can.
>
> Alan Franzi

So, if you think it is the anti-virus program remove it. You'll find out
that way.

You can install a different program while testing out what you think- AVG
for example.
!