PCI Simple Communications Controller

How can I enable the PCI Simple Communications Controller? COM1, COM3 are
unrecognized and I can't install a modem on a Dell Dimension XPS 233 with
Win 2K. When I try to install the Intel chipset, message says "No need to
install, Winddows 2000 already has the drivers".

Anybody have experience with this?

Thanks a bunch,

Gary

That IS the modem. You just need the driver for it.
"Gary Sullivan" <gmsulliv@warwick.net> wrote in message
> How can I enable the PCI Simple Communications Controller? COM1, COM3 are
> unrecognized and I can't install a modem on a Dell Dimension XPS 233 with
> Win 2K. When I try to install the Intel chipset, message says "No need to
> install, Winddows 2000 already has the drivers".
>
> Anybody have experience with this?
>
> Thanks a bunch,
>
> Gary

Hi, I have an Dimension 1100 32-bit with 1.5GB of RAM memory and 160GB drive. I had Windows XP on is then I put Windows Vists Home Premium on it now I keep getting error messages that say (PCI simple communication controller is not insatlled and that the video card is not compeatible with Vista on the system. How can I solve this , if so?

Tks,
Jamin Howard
Chicago, IL

TRENDING THREADS