"Disk cannot be formatted error"

hello guys
I am using SeagateUATADisk
When i am trying to format i am getting followig error message...

"Setup unable to format the partition Disk may be damaged"

Make sure the disk is switched on and properly connected computer...etc"

Send me a Proper Solution-----thannx

If its a IDE drive,install xp cd,boot to cd,recovery,press enter key for
password,then type:DiskPart In DiskPart,delete or create a partition on the
drive,then press Esc key,then type:FORMAT D: /FS:ntfs D: being the slave,
once thru,type:EXIT

"azhar0 attari" wrote:

> hello guys
> I am using SeagateUATADisk
> When i am trying to format i am getting followig error message...
>
> "Setup unable to format the partition Disk may be damaged"
>
> Make sure the disk is switched on and properly connected computer...etc"
>

> Send me a Proper Solution-----thannx

Sounds like you need to connect the drive
control panel/administrative tools/computer management/disk management.
the drive should be listed in the lower right window....chances are its
listed as offline..click the part that says offline and a sub menu should
pop up with the option to connect.
peterk

the problem
"azhar0 attari" <niet_student@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hello guys
> I am using SeagateUATADisk
> When i am trying to format i am getting followig error message...
>
> "Setup unable to format the partition Disk may be damaged"
>
> Make sure the disk is switched on and properly connected computer...etc"
>

> Send me a Proper Solution-----thannx

hEY GUYS0 I 0AM0 NOT0 ABLE0 TO0 INSTALL 0S

THE0 HARD0 DISK0 IS NOT WORKING