"Disk cannot be formatted error"

hello guys
I am using SeagateUATADisk
When i am trying to format i am getting followig error message...

"Setup unable to format the partition Disk may be damaged"

Make sure the disk is switched on and properly connected computer...etc"

Send me a Proper Solution-----thannx
3 answers Last reply
More about disk formatted error

    If its a IDE drive,install xp cd,boot to cd,recovery,press enter key for
    password,then type:DiskPart In DiskPart,delete or create a partition on the
    drive,then press Esc key,then type:FORMAT D: /FS:ntfs D: being the slave,
    once thru,type:EXIT

    "azhar0 attari" wrote:

    > hello guys
    > I am using SeagateUATADisk
    > When i am trying to format i am getting followig error message...
    >
    > "Setup unable to format the partition Disk may be damaged"
    >
    > Make sure the disk is switched on and properly connected computer...etc"
    >

    > Send me a Proper Solution-----thannx

    Sounds like you need to connect the drive
    control panel/administrative tools/computer management/disk management.
    the drive should be listed in the lower right window....chances are its
    listed as offline..click the part that says offline and a sub menu should
    pop up with the option to connect.
    peterk

    the problem
    "azhar0 attari" <niet_student@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > hello guys
    > I am using SeagateUATADisk
    > When i am trying to format i am getting followig error message...
    >
    > "Setup unable to format the partition Disk may be damaged"
    >
    > Make sure the disk is switched on and properly connected computer...etc"
    >

    > Send me a Proper Solution-----thannx

    hEY GUYS0 I 0AM0 NOT0 ABLE0 TO0 INSTALL 0S

    THE0 HARD0 DISK0 IS NOT WORKING
    "peterk" <peterk@nomalarky.net> wrote in message
    > Sounds like you need to connect the drive
    > control panel/administrative tools/computer management/disk management.
    > the drive should be listed in the lower right window....chances are its
    > listed as offline..click the part that says offline and a sub menu should
    > pop up with the option to connect.
    > peterk
    >

    > --
    > It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much
    about
    > the problem
    > "azhar0 attari" <niet_student@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > hello guys
    > > I am using SeagateUATADisk
    > > When i am trying to format i am getting followig error message...
    > >
    > > "Setup unable to format the partition Disk may be damaged"
    > >
    > > Make sure the disk is switched on and properly connected computer...etc"
    > >

    > > Send me a Proper Solution-----thannx

Format Windows XP