Nail.exe?

Is nail.exe a virus or some errors? How can I get rid of it? When i delete
this file, it comes back out after a short period of time. (I have deleted
from regestry as well, but it doesn't work)

--
Seamon

It's spyware

Take a look at this article
http://netrn.net/spywareblog/archives/2005/05/10/got-aurora-nailexe/
http://www.computing.net/security/wwwboard/forum/16137.html

Get a spyware remover, update its definitions, and run it.
It should be able to remove this.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"seamon1" <seamon1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is nail.exe a virus or some errors? How can I get rid of it? When i delete
> this file, it comes back out after a short period of time. (I have deleted
> from regestry as well, but it doesn't work)
>

> --
> Seamon

Follow these instructions, all of them. Download, install, update and run
all of the following.

Ad-Aware
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

Spybot search and destroy
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

Nail Aurora Remover
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/nailfix.exe

a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group only so
that it can be analyzed by me.

HijackThis

"seamon1" <seamon1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is nail.exe a virus or some errors? How can I get rid of it? When i delete
> this file, it comes back out after a short period of time. (I have deleted
> from regestry as well, but it doesn't work)
>

> --
> Seamon

johnf

Virus. Download & run AdAware

johnf

> Is nail.exe a virus or some errors? How can I get rid of it? When i
> delete this file, it comes back out after a short period of time. (I
> have deleted from regestry as well, but it doesn't work)
>

> --
> Seamon

johnf

AdAware is all that's needed.
I said before it was a virus (but apparently it isn't from what I've later
discovered - easily cleaned up by either AdAware or SpyBot)
--

johnf