Windows Sound Recorder

July 25, 2005 3:13:51 AM

Anyone know of a way to lengthen the time you can record using Windows (XP Pro)
sound recorder? I did a Google search but everything that came up, even from
Microsoft, said something about recording a minutes worth of nothing, then
adding it to files. Seems to me, a while back, someone posted a reply to a
similar question that had to do with editing the Registry, instead of this lame
fix I've found. Thanks.

More about : windows sound recorder

Anonymous
July 25, 2005 7:46:22 AM

Look around for a free recorder/editor ... For example Audacity...

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

FWIW...

===========On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:13:51 -0400, rfdjr1@optonline.net
wrote:==========

>Anyone know of a way to lengthen the time you can record using Windows (XP Pro)
>sound recorder? I did a Google search but everything that came up, even from
>Microsoft, said something about recording a minutes worth of nothing, then
>adding it to files. Seems to me, a while back, someone posted a reply to a
>similar question that had to do with editing the Registry, instead of this lame
>fix I've found. Thanks.
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 7:46:23 AM

Thanks. I had Audacity sitting on my hard drive and forgot all about it. Works
like a charm.

>Look around for a free recorder/editor ... For example Audacity...
>
>http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
>
>FWIW...
>
>===========On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:13:51 -0400, rfdjr1@optonline.net
>wrote:==========
>
>>Anyone know of a way to lengthen the time you can record using Windows (XP Pro)
>>sound recorder? I did a Google search but everything that came up, even from
>>Microsoft, said something about recording a minutes worth of nothing, then
>>adding it to files. Seems to me, a while back, someone posted a reply to a
>>similar question that had to do with editing the Registry, instead of this lame
>>fix I've found. Thanks.
July 25, 2005 8:40:44 PM

Yeah, you tend to forget what you have when you have too much stuff
downloaded. Sound Rcdr is time limited - someone there probably planned on
expanding it (at a charge, but it got lost in the pipeline)

--

johnf

!