Windows Sound Recorder

Anyone know of a way to lengthen the time you can record using Windows (XP Pro)
sound recorder? I did a Google search but everything that came up, even from
Microsoft, said something about recording a minutes worth of nothing, then
adding it to files. Seems to me, a while back, someone posted a reply to a
similar question that had to do with editing the Registry, instead of this lame
fix I've found. Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about windows sound recorder

    Look around for a free recorder/editor ... For example Audacity...

    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    FWIW...

    ===========On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:13:51 -0400, rfdjr1@optonline.net
    wrote:==========

    >Anyone know of a way to lengthen the time you can record using Windows (XP Pro)
    >sound recorder? I did a Google search but everything that came up, even from
    >Microsoft, said something about recording a minutes worth of nothing, then
    >adding it to files. Seems to me, a while back, someone posted a reply to a
    >similar question that had to do with editing the Registry, instead of this lame
    >fix I've found. Thanks.

    Thanks. I had Audacity sitting on my hard drive and forgot all about it. Works
    like a charm.

    >Look around for a free recorder/editor ... For example Audacity...
    >
    >http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    >
    >FWIW...
    >
    >===========On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:13:51 -0400, rfdjr1@optonline.net
    >wrote:==========
    >
    >>Anyone know of a way to lengthen the time you can record using Windows (XP Pro)
    >>sound recorder? I did a Google search but everything that came up, even from
    >>Microsoft, said something about recording a minutes worth of nothing, then
    >>adding it to files. Seems to me, a while back, someone posted a reply to a
    >>similar question that had to do with editing the Registry, instead of this lame
    >>fix I've found. Thanks.

    Yeah, you tend to forget what you have when you have too much stuff
    downloaded. Sound Rcdr is time limited - someone there probably planned on
    expanding it (at a charge, but it got lost in the pipeline)

    --

    johnf

    > Thanks. I had Audacity sitting on my hard drive and forgot all about
    > it. Works like a charm.
    >
    >>Look around for a free recorder/editor ... For example Audacity...
    >>
    >>http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    >>
    >>FWIW...
    >>
    >>===========On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:13:51 -0400, rfdjr1@optonline.net
    >>
    >>>Anyone know of a way to lengthen the time you can record using Windows
    >>>(XP Pro) sound recorder? I did a Google search but everything that
    >>>came up, even from Microsoft, said something about recording a minutes
    >>>worth of nothing, then adding it to files. Seems to me, a while back,
    >>>someone posted a reply to a similar question that had to do with
    >>>editing the Registry, instead of this lame fix I've found. Thanks.

Microsoft Google Search Windows XP