new internal DVD+RW/+R - computer doesn't see it

Running XP Pro on a Dell Dimension PC...replaced CD-Rom with a Lightscribe
Dual Format Double Layer 16x Internal DVDRW, but the PC has no clue its
there. what do i do. thanks.

Didn't it come with a quick install guide or a cd/dvd with software and
drivers?
Who makes the drive, Lightscribe is a feature, whats the model# for the drive?
Does the drive show up in the bios?

j;-)

"kerri" wrote:

> Running XP Pro on a Dell Dimension PC...replaced CD-Rom with a Lightscribe
> Dual Format Double Layer 16x Internal DVDRW, but the PC has no clue its
> there. what do i do. thanks.

i/o magic IDVD16DLS, and no it does not show in the bios.

came with nero oem cd and quick guide, which i followed...said to do
hardware installation before nero oem software. thought about loading prior
to removal of old cdrom, but figured XP would have the driver needed.

i also had someone else check my hardware installation - everything seems
tight and the jumper settings correct.

"Jaymon" wrote:

> Didn't it come with a quick install guide or a cd/dvd with software and
> drivers?
> Who makes the drive, Lightscribe is a feature, whats the model# for the drive?
> Does the drive show up in the bios?
>
> j;-)
>
> "kerri" wrote:
>
> > Running XP Pro on a Dell Dimension PC...replaced CD-Rom with a Lightscribe
> > Dual Format Double Layer 16x Internal DVDRW, but the PC has no clue its
> > there. what do i do. thanks.

You may need to get a bios update from Dell if one exists for your computer.
Also, see if IO Magic tech support can help, or see if the drivers are posted
for download at their site below:

http://www.iomagic.com/

j;-)

"kerri" wrote:

> i/o magic IDVD16DLS, and no it does not show in the bios.
>
> came with nero oem cd and quick guide, which i followed...said to do
> hardware installation before nero oem software. thought about loading prior
> to removal of old cdrom, but figured XP would have the driver needed.
>
> i also had someone else check my hardware installation - everything seems
> tight and the jumper settings correct.
>

> "Jaymon" wrote:
>
> > Didn't it come with a quick install guide or a cd/dvd with software and
> > drivers?
> > Who makes the drive, Lightscribe is a feature, whats the model# for the drive?
> > Does the drive show up in the bios?
> >
> > j;-)
> >
> > "kerri" wrote:
> >
> > > Running XP Pro on a Dell Dimension PC...replaced CD-Rom with a Lightscribe
> > > Dual Format Double Layer 16x Internal DVDRW, but the PC has no clue its
> > > there. what do i do. thanks.

After looking over the drive on the IO Magic site and seeing the min sys
requirements, I must say that it should work with XP. If the bios is not
seeing it, it might be because the 40 pin connector needs replacing or is not
installed correctly. Sometimes a new cable is included with new devices, if
you are using the old cable connector it may be less than what you need. Is
the power to the drive allowing you to open the disk tray? If you say someone
else installed the drive, well, your at their mercy as to whether it was
installed right and tight. Remember the old adage, if you want something done
right you may need to do it yourself, or just take it to the shop as a last
resort.

j;-)