Linksys WRT54G no wireless connexion

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
May 12, 2004 12:50:54 AM

Hi,

Can someone tell me why my new Linksys WRT54G doesn't send automatically an
IP address and the DNS to my notebook using a wireless mini-PCI card
USR2216?

What can I do ?

Whitch 54 Mb mini-PCI card will work ?

Thanks

Andre
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 12, 2004 9:52:29 PM

There are two possible problem areas: (1) your notebook isn't associating
with the wireless router, or (2) your notebook is configured for a static IP
address instead of accepting one automatically from the router's DHCP
server. Any card should work as long as it adheres to the 802.11g or
802.11b standards.

Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.

!