Why can't my computer draw blue colors?

G

I've been trying to get my computer to draw blue colors ever since the day I was playing Half-Life multiplayer and one of the other players supposedly claimed to have changed the game's colors. They changed, all right. At first I thought, how nice, but when I quit half-life I realized my entire system was like that. It couldn't draw any blue colors, even when starting up in the bios. I even bought a new video card and it hasn't solved the problem. I tried replacing the videorom.bin file, and also tweaking numberous system bios VGA settings. Alas, nothing has happened. Can anyone please tell me that I didn't buy a completely new video card in vain? How do I get my system to draw blue again?

G

Some hacker intentionally did this, ugh it makes me so mad!!!!! Everything is yellow and it hurts my eyes! and i'm so mad! when I look at my screen for 5 minutes then look at objects on my desk i become dizzy cause its so different. someone please help!!!!!!! could it be my system bios?

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
RGB (RED-GREEN-<b>BLUE</b>) sounds like either a monitor cable problem or the monitor itself is bad. Can't fix a flat tire by changing out the battery.

BrainStorm

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Your monitor or your vga cable is probably defective. I never heard of such an hacker exploit!! :)

It's better to be rich and healthy than poor and sick!

Bud

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2001
I haven't heard of this, but it is possible you were hacked and someone
changed the RGB settings in your video software. Check your display properties,
Advanced, Color, some video drivers have settings that allow you to change
R,G,B separately. Check to see if your B component was changed to ZERO.

Hmm, also it could be a registry tweak. Always keep a back up of your registry.
You could reformat, but that's a drag.

Other than that….You may have a bad monitor. I lost the RED component of my
RGB on my work monitor. It just went bad and that's that.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

G

Thanx guys! I found out it was my monitor :( Thats okay I'll pester viewsonic till they give me a new 24" :)
oh well i guess i have to pay a ton for shipping to return it thanks for the help once again, i love this community, so nice, so helpful