imac verses microsoft

I know this is a microsoft site but i need your help. does any one here
know any thing about Imac's. as my daughter bought one dont ask me why
any way she's been brain washed into telling every one her imac is not
a personal computer and she wont even dl any antivirus because it
doesnt say persificly for imac i personally think its a heap of rubish
as it keeps freezing up all the time .What can i tell her besides the
obverse.

--
amber.2

"amber.2" <amber.2.1sq1ho@no-mx.forums.eyo.com.au> wrote in message

> I know this is a microsoft site but i need your help. does any one here
> know any thing about Imac's. as my daughter bought one dont ask me why
> any way she's been brain washed into telling every one her imac is not
> a personal computer and she wont even dl any antivirus because it
> doesnt say persificly for imac i personally think its a heap of rubish
> as it keeps freezing up all the time .What can i tell her besides the
> obverse.

Her iMac is a computer and it is subject to potential attack from virus and
spyware and all sorts of Internet and e-mail bourn nasties.
She still needs to get herself the right protection for her machine.
yes she needs Mac specific versions of the product but major vendors do Mac
versions of their software.
e.g.
http://www.symantec.com/product/index_macintosh.html
There are lots of other vendors choose yours according to your needs/budget
etc.
Ensure you buy products for the right version of the MasOS her iMac is
running
--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"amber.2" <amber.2.1sq1ho@no-mx.forums.eyo.com.au> wrote in message

> I know this is a microsoft site but i need your help. does any one here
> know any thing about Imac's. as my daughter bought one dont ask me why
> any way she's been brain washed into telling every one her imac is not
> a personal computer and she wont even dl any antivirus because it
> doesnt say persificly for imac i personally think its a heap of rubish
> as it keeps freezing up all the time .What can i tell her besides the
> obverse.
>

> --
> amber.2

"amber.2" <amber.2.1sq1ho@no-mx.forums.eyo.com.au> wrote in message

> I know this is a microsoft site but i need your help. does any one here
> know any thing about Imac's. as my daughter bought one dont ask me why
> any way she's been brain washed into telling every one her imac is not
> a personal computer and she wont even dl any antivirus because it
> doesnt say persificly for imac i personally think its a heap of rubish
> as it keeps freezing up all the time .What can i tell her besides the
> obverse.

You could also post your Mac questions to the following newsgroup.

microsoft.public.macintosh.general

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"amber.2" <amber.2.1sq1ho@no-mx.forums.eyo.com.au> wrote in message

> I know this is a microsoft site but i need your help. does any one here
> know any thing about Imac's. as my daughter bought one dont ask me why
> any way she's been brain washed into telling every one her imac is not
> a personal computer and she wont even dl any antivirus because it
> doesnt say persificly for imac i personally think its a heap of rubish
> as it keeps freezing up all the time .What can i tell her besides the
> obverse.
>

> --
> amber.2

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> I know this is a microsoft site but i need your help. does any
> one here
> know any thing about Imac's. as my daughter bought one dont
> ask me why
> any way she's been brain washed into telling every one her
> imac is not
> a personal computer and she wont even dl any antivirus because
> it
> doesnt say persificly for imac i personally think its a heap
> of rubish
> as it keeps freezing up all the time .What can i tell her
> besides the
> obverse.
>

> --
> amber.2

You can tell her it isnt a IBM Standared PC, how ever if she uses it
as a Desktop Computer it still is a PC, just not a IBM Standared PC.
As for viruses, Macs are much less vunarable to Viruses then windows,
but on like all OS (even Unix) it’s main vunrability is the people
that use it, doing things like downloading every peice of software you
find (regardless of it’s sorce) will almost definitly result in
virus infection.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-imac-verses-microsoft-ftopict400156.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1322621

For start , not many virus for Mac around. so far .. only 5 was it ? :D
2nd ly ... Mac OS X is quite a powerful Operating system , and like other
powerful things ..
if its fallen to an unknowing hand ... it is rendered useless.
Buy your daughter those idiot guide to Mac OS book [ not saying your
daughter is an idiot , but its quite a good book ]
I am sure she can surpass your knowledge about Mac computing sooner than you
think ;)

btw .. Mac rarely freeze, it is more solid than a tuned Win XP .

"amber.2" <amber.2.1sq1ho@no-mx.forums.eyo.com.au> wrote in message

> I know this is a microsoft site but i need your help. does any one here
> know any thing about Imac's. as my daughter bought one dont ask me why
> any way she's been brain washed into telling every one her imac is not
> a personal computer and she wont even dl any antivirus because it
> doesnt say persificly for imac i personally think its a heap of rubish
> as it keeps freezing up all the time .What can i tell her besides the
> obverse.
>

> --
> amber.2

Questions on Microsoft's subsidiary (MS would have to include Apple's results if MS was an Australian company) can be asked here.

http://discussions.info.apple.com/