Question about XP and Diskeeper Disc Defrager

JJ

Hello Everyone in Cybor Land, I would like to installExecutive Softwares
Diskeeper 8.0 on my machine. I contacted Executive Software and they said
that Diskeeper in Windows XP is an earlier edition. What do I have to do to
load Diskeeper 8.0 in from a disc, without having any conflict. I had
Diskeeper8.0 in my machine when I had Windows 98 an it seemed to work better
than the one in XP. Thanks for alls help and everyone have a great day. JJ

peter

It should install easily. I had 8 and now have 9 and it installs without a
hitch.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
"JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Everyone in Cybor Land, I would like to installExecutive Softwares
> Diskeeper 8.0 on my machine. I contacted Executive Software and they said
> that Diskeeper in Windows XP is an earlier edition. What do I have to do
> load Diskeeper 8.0 in from a disc, without having any conflict. I had
> Diskeeper8.0 in my machine when I had Windows 98 an it seemed to work
> better
> than the one in XP. Thanks for alls help and everyone have a great day. JJ

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Just go ahead and install Diskeeper 8.0 and there is no conflicts that I am
aware of. I use this setup with XP without any problems. Make sure to
update it also. Also be aware there is a Diskeeper 9.0 out, but I cannot
comment on it as I have not used it.

Good luck
"JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Everyone in Cybor Land, I would like to installExecutive Softwares
> Diskeeper 8.0 on my machine. I contacted Executive Software and they said
> that Diskeeper in Windows XP is an earlier edition. What do I have to do
> load Diskeeper 8.0 in from a disc, without having any conflict. I had
> Diskeeper8.0 in my machine when I had Windows 98 an it seemed to work
> better
> than the one in XP. Thanks for alls help and everyone have a great day. JJ

johnf

I've been using DK 9.0 wthout any probs for yonks.
XP Defrag is a basic version of DK, integrated into XP under contact with
DK.
--

johnf

> Just go ahead and install Diskeeper 8.0 and there is no conflicts that
> I am aware of. I use this setup with XP without any problems. Make
> sure to update it also. Also be aware there is a Diskeeper 9.0 out,
> but I cannot comment on it as I have not used it.
>
> Good luck
> "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hello Everyone in Cybor Land, I would like to installExecutive
>> Softwares Diskeeper 8.0 on my machine. I contacted Executive Software
>> and they said that Diskeeper in Windows XP is an earlier edition. What
>> do I have to do to
>> load Diskeeper 8.0 in from a disc, without having any conflict. I had
>> Diskeeper8.0 in my machine when I had Windows 98 an it seemed to work
>> better
>> than the one in XP. Thanks for alls help and everyone have a great
>> day. JJ

"The Disk Defragmenter tool is based on the full retail version
of Diskeeper by Executive Software International, Inc."

Ref: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;227463

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"johnf" wrote:

| I've been using DK 9.0 wthout any probs for yonks.
| XP Defrag is a basic version of DK, integrated into XP under contact with
| DK.
| --
|
| johnf

johnf

Yes, that's the message I meant to get across, the link states -
"The Disk Defragmenter tool is only BASED ON the full retail version of
Diskeeper"

--

johnf

> "The Disk Defragmenter tool is based on the full retail version
> of Diskeeper by Executive Software International, Inc."
>
> Ref: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;227463
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "johnf" wrote:
>
>| I've been using DK 9.0 wthout any probs for yonks.
>| XP Defrag is a basic version of DK, integrated into XP under contact
>| with DK.
>| --
>|
>| johnf

TRENDING THREADS