Can't install XML Parser File msxml3.dll

Windows 5.1 XP Home Edition SP1
Internet 6.0 Browser

I am the adminstrator - the only account - no password - the guest
account is disabled

I cannot run msxlm3.msi to update my msxml13.dll file

When I run the XML Parser Setup msi file, I get the Error Message:

Microsoft Parser Installation Wizard Ended prematurely because of an
error. Your system was not modified. To install this program at a later
time, please run this installation again.

Turned off the Real time virus scanner

Any Ideas

Thanks

290301 - Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Chuck Palm" <Palm-User@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:kn7Fe.6642$eg4.3967@trndny01...
> Windows 5.1 XP Home Edition SP1
> Internet 6.0 Browser
>
> I am the adminstrator - the only account - no password - the guest account is disabled
>
> I cannot run msxlm3.msi to update my msxml13.dll file
>
> When I run the XML Parser Setup msi file, I get the Error Message:
>
> Microsoft Parser Installation Wizard Ended prematurely because of an error. Your system was not modified. To install this program
> at a later time, please run this installation again.
>
> Turned off the Real time virus scanner
>
> Any Ideas
>
> Thanks

Maybe SP1 does not have the proper XML dll's to install the parser.

--
Mark L. Ferguson

Mark L. Ferguson wrote:
> Maybe SP1 does not have the proper XML dll's to install the parser.

I have the Original SP1 Update CD - Is it OK to run it again ?

Thanks

It varies. It might not let you untill you uninstalled sp1, if that were even available.

--
Mark L. Ferguson

Mark L. Ferguson wrote:
> It varies. It might not let you untill you uninstalled sp1, if that were even available.

Oh boy.... Thanks I'll try it later

Chuck Palm wrote:
> Mark L. Ferguson wrote:
>
>> It varies. It might not let you untill you uninstalled sp1, if that
>> were even available.
>>
> Oh boy.... Thanks I'll try it later

It won't let me install the CD Again - I guess I'm Out of luck - Don't
want to Wipe all and start over .. at least not yet

Thanks for the replies

Chuck Thomas