Sharing files..access denied

I have an XP delima. I have Xp pro workstation that i set up as a server to
share files and folders. I grant specific users both the shared permissions
and advanced permissions. they can see the folder and access the folders. but
they cannot modify them. It says "access denied". I verified that the
permissions were not propogating fromt he parent folder also. Everything that
i see says it should work, but it doesnt. iThe only thing i got to work was
giving the user full rights to the above folder..which is for all to share
but not to modify. anyone have any suggestions, i have done this on many 2000
pc;'s with no problem. What am i missing with XP as the server? please help...

alozada@chd.org
1 answer Last reply
More about sharing files access denied

    Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    "New Admin" wrote:

    | I have an XP delima. I have Xp pro workstation that i set up as a server to
    | share files and folders. I grant specific users both the shared permissions
    | and advanced permissions. they can see the folder and access the folders. but
    | they cannot modify them. It says "access denied". I verified that the
    | permissions were not propogating fromt he parent folder also. Everything that
    | i see says it should work, but it doesnt. iThe only thing i got to work was
    | giving the user full rights to the above folder..which is for all to share
    | but not to modify. anyone have any suggestions, i have done this on many 2000
    | pc;'s with no problem. What am i missing with XP as the server? please help...

Windows XP Permissions