  • Connection
  • Desktops
  • Windows XP
July 25, 2005 8:25:50 PM

When I connect from my laptop Win XP SP2 to my desktop Win XP SP2 using
remote desktop the screen on my desktop (host) goes blank and eventually the
connection times out.

The steps are: - I successfully connect, it comes up with the login box, I
enter my username/password and when I click OK on my laptop (client) the
desktop (host) goes blank at the point it should bring up the locked login
screen. The client eventually times out but the desktop remains with a blank
screen which means I have no choice other than to reboot.

I have had it working successfully but this was before I installed PC-DUO
and SP2. I know PC-DUO causes problems by replacing msgina.dll but I have
modified the registry as per the MS website resinstating the msgina entry
but to no avail.

Anybody's help would be gratefully appreciated,
Zak

More about : remote desktop problem

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 11:16:20 AM

Most likely, the app you installed wrote it's own version of MSGINA.DLL, making Remote Desktop fail.

--
Mark L. Ferguson

!