high interrupt count after resume - SATA related

Hi,

my CPU utilization goes skyhigh after resume. I've found that this
utilization is generated by very high interrupt counts (>80000/sec)
related to two drivers : USBPORT.SYS and IASTOR.SYS
I disabled the USB port which shared interrupt with the SATA controller.
CPU utilization is a bit lower now, but still around 70%. Unfortunatelly
there is no way how to do something with the SATA driver - it can't be
disabled if I want the computer working, resources cannot be changed due
to ACPI, playing with drivers gives no results.

Any ideas?

HW: Fujitsu Lifebook
Intel 82801FBM controllers
latest drivers / WXP updates

Thanks,
Woland

Have you checked your computer manual? Have you checked with the
manufacturer? Have you even gone to their web sites, or other dedicated M/B
enthusiasts web sites, to see if there is information available about your
particular setup?

I believe I would, as that is where the hardware experts for your equipment
hang out.

If you had posted a little bit about your computer type, motherboard used
etc, maybe someone could post you pertinent links.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

"Jiri Kulhan" <jiri@kulhan.cz> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> my CPU utilization goes skyhigh after resume. I've found that this
> utilization is generated by very high interrupt counts (>80000/sec)
> related to two drivers : USBPORT.SYS and IASTOR.SYS
> I disabled the USB port which shared interrupt with the SATA controller.
> CPU utilization is a bit lower now, but still around 70%. Unfortunatelly
> there is no way how to do something with the SATA driver - it can't be
> disabled if I want the computer working, resources cannot be changed due
> to ACPI, playing with drivers gives no results.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> HW: Fujitsu Lifebook
> Intel 82801FBM controllers
> latest drivers / WXP updates
>
> Thanks,
> Woland

Oops! Sorry. I didn't notice your hardware at the bottom of your post.

Is it an Intel M/B?

--

Richard Urban [MVP] napsal(a):
> Oops! Sorry. I didn't notice your hardware at the bottom of your post.
>
> Is it an Intel M/B?

I believe it is, since Fujitsu is Intel - only manufacturer. It's the
Sonoma chipset - 915, with all the Intel components.

I've got no response from Fujitsu :-(

Thanks,
Jiri