Sign in with
Your question

Trying to connect my wii to my laptop but dont know my computers pw

Last response: in Windows 7
July 14, 2010 7:43:19 PM

i have a wii and a laptop with an embedded internet card. the wii has located the laptop but i need to type in a password to connect it. i dont know the password because i dont type one in when i connect to the internet. when i connect i just hit the button where all the available connections are and i hit sprint. it then goes to the net on its own and i never have to type a pw...the one i use for my computer to go to my personal settings didnt work...where would i find the pw?
July 14, 2010 7:51:06 PM

Just buy a cheap router and problem is solved. I have a nice cheap belkin behind my entertainment center for the ps3 wii and my desktop. It broadcasts wireless to my Frankenstein down in the basement. Easiest way to go chief.
m
l
July 14, 2010 7:56:52 PM

Also, you may need to set a password on your laptop, some times you can not access file shares without a password.

If you are just trying to get out to the internet, then yes, you will need to buy a router so that the internet traffic coming from your modem can be "split" into different connections.

A wireless router would work great, but be sure to secure the network, rename the ssid, and pick a wireless Chanel (1, 6, or 11) that has the least amount of interference from other wireless networks around.
m
l
Related resources
!