Error Message: Windows cannot find 'box,box,box,box,box'

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
version 5.1.2600
service pack 2.0

On start-up, I get a series of paired error message that look like:
First error message: Windows cannot find 'box,box,box... (where box is
actually a graphic rectangle charater)
Second error message: Could not load or run 'box,box,box...' in the
registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference
to it in the registry.

This happens every time I start and I can click through to continue - but
obviously something's off and I'd like to fix it. Though I'm not crazy about
editing the registry, I'd do that to fix the problem, but I don't know what
to search for.

Help?

-PB
2 answers Last reply
More about error message windows find

    "bouchardpie" wrote:

    > Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    > version 5.1.2600
    > service pack 2.0
    >
    > On start-up, I get a series of paired error message that look like:
    > First error message: Windows cannot find 'box,box,box... (where box is
    > actually a graphic rectangle charater)
    > Second error message: Could not load or run 'box,box,box...' in the
    > registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference
    > to it in the registry.
    >
    > This happens every time I start and I can click through to continue - but
    > obviously something's off and I'd like to fix it. Though I'm not crazy about
    > editing the registry, I'd do that to fix the problem, but I don't know what
    > to search for.
    >
    > Help?
    >
    > -PB

    Download, install, update and run all of the following.

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

    Spybot search and destroy
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

    a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that
    it can be analyzed.

    HijackThis

    "bouchardpie" <bouchardpie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    > version 5.1.2600
    > service pack 2.0
    >
    > On start-up, I get a series of paired error message that look like:
    > First error message: Windows cannot find 'box,box,box... (where box is
    > actually a graphic rectangle charater)
    > Second error message: Could not load or run 'box,box,box...' in the
    > registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the
    > reference
    > to it in the registry.
    >
    > This happens every time I start and I can click through to continue - but
    > obviously something's off and I'd like to fix it. Though I'm not crazy
    > about
    > editing the registry, I'd do that to fix the problem, but I don't know
    > what
    > to search for.
    >
    > Help?
    >
    > -PB

Microsoft Error Message Registry Windows XP