When I try to do a system restore it tells me that sys.res is not working and
to contact 'Domain Administrator' ?? Can anyone help? I have gone to system
restore properties and the syst. rest tab is not there to switch it on/off
Thankyou in anticipation!!

P.S. It also says' system restore has been turned off by group policy' can
anyone help?? please

"pauline469" wrote:

> When I try to do a system restore it tells me that sys.res is not working and
> to contact 'Domain Administrator' ?? Can anyone help? I have gone to system
> restore properties and the syst. rest tab is not there to switch it on/off
> Thankyou in anticipation!!

see method 3 if you use Home edition
How to Disable the System Restore Configuration User Interface:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q283073/

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"pauline469" <pauline469@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6A729B6-E16D-4523-9947-E4AC2FCFCDC2@microsoft.com...
> P.S. It also says' system restore has been turned off by group policy' can
> anyone help?? please
>
> "pauline469" wrote:
>
>> When I try to do a system restore it tells me that sys.res is not working and
>> to contact 'Domain Administrator' ?? Can anyone help? I have gone to system
>> restore properties and the syst. rest tab is not there to switch it on/off
>> Thankyou in anticipation!!

Hi,

Can't Access System Restore - Disabled by Group Policy, or the inability to enable System
Restore.
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/tips.html#DisabledByPolicy

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

pauline469 wrote:
> P.S. It also says' system restore has been turned off by
> group policy' can anyone help?? please
>
> "pauline469" wrote:
>
>> When I try to do a system restore it tells me that
>> sys.res is not working and to contact 'Domain
>> Administrator' ?? Can anyone help? I have gone to
>> system restore properties and the syst. rest tab is not
>> there to switch it on/off Thankyou in anticipation!!

Hi there Bert.. Thankyou so much i followed your instructions and it
worked..so far so good.. once again thanks!!
Lorraine (pauline469)
Thanks also to Mark for replying, I solved it before I had chance to try
your method but thanks for helping!
Lorraine