WHAT G CARD SHOULD I GET

G

HI I HAVE A AMD THUNDERBIRD 1200MHZ WITH 256 MEGS RAM AND THE OLD RIVA TNT2 ULTRA UNDER THE HOOD I AM LOOKING TO UPGRADE THE G CARD BUT I AM NOT SURE WHICH CARD TO GET SINCE THERE ARE SO MANY AND I DONT WANT TO GET A CARD THAT WILL HOLD THE SYSTEM BACK SO PLEASE COULD SOME ONE HELP

UUT64

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by UUT64 on 05/06/01 10:16 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

tartarhus

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
Best buy for the dollar is the radeon LE, $80. You can flash the bios and turn into a "retail" version worth $140 with little effort. It's delivers great graphic acceleration, and has many nice auxilary features, like high quality dvd decoding. If you are looking to waste a little more money, the best higher end card right now is the Kyro II. Though not really cost justifiable, the geforce 2 GTS or the 64MB radeon are both good cards. Preferences vary between the geforce and the radeon, but they both perform about the same at high resolution. The geforce can be a little bit faster, but it costs more, and its dvd playback and 2d game acceleration is inferior. Forget Geforce3, total overkill, and too much money.

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
What will be the main purpose of the system and how much cash have you got to spare?

<font color=red>"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and dispair!"</font color=red>

TRENDING THREADS