geforce2 ultra trouble

G

I can only get 15-35 fps in all 3d applications, with fsaa and vsync disabled and best performance selected on nvidias utilities. The graphics are not very snappy and the card seems to have trouble proccessing the graphics very fast. I have all updated drivers for my soundcard, motherboard, video card... I am using nvidias ref drivers ver. 4.12.01.0650 the Elsa supplied drivers are a bit buggy when i use them on my system. Game quality is set right in the middle and I should be getting outrageously good fps which im not :( I had a voodoo3 2000 before and uninstalled the drivers correctly. I bought a Geforce2 Ultra to increase my fps and game quality, and it has done neither since I cannot play a game on only 20-40 fps. Please help me out I really have faith that this can be fixed.
Also after played a game for more than an hour the game seems to get real slow and boggy evern with a restart or ramclear, all my other components are in their correct heatranges motherboard, cpu, and hardrives. Thanks Alot

Gladiac Ultra
hardware version 164
800X600 resolution

Win 98
DirectX version: 8.0

Refresh rate: optimal
Color depth : 16bit

Mainboard Asus K7V
BIOS name Award Modular BIOS v6.0
BIOS Copyright Copyright (C) 1984-98, Award Software, Inc.
BIOS Date 03/13/00
BIOS Extended info 03/13/2000-VIA-KX133
CPU AMD athlon 700
Amount of memory: 128MB
Type of memory: SDRAM
Monitor: Touch

BuGaLoU

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
get the new via agp gart drivers.. i guess from www.viatech.com.. also get the detonator drivers from www.nvidia.com... There were issues with the AGP and via chipsets using certain drivers.. also make sure there isn't ne thign running in the back round that is too processor intensive.

Computer: $2000 Internet Access: $40 Registering for forums: Free A good signature: Priceless

G

thanks for the help. i did as you suggested but no change in performance... still waiting to hear from elsa tech support

G

I also recently installed a fresh win 98se on another hard drive i have and loaded all drivers and hardware onto it with only a 2-3 fps gain still nowhere near where it should be. I can think of nothing more i can do...