Replacing hard drive with one from another PC

I have three kids and try to keep them up with working PCs while staying on
a budget. One had an e-machines that had its motherboard die. Can I put
the hard drive from that machine into a different old machine whose hard
drive had died and still have it work? Primarily, I wonder whether there
are any issues with Windows XP (home edition) that would preclude it from
working, or whether it requires some form of re-registration.

Thanks.

Rob

You need to replace the defective eMachine motherboard with
an exact eMachine replacement. Otherwise, your eMachine
installed version of Windows XP will not work and you'll
end up having to purchase a conventional "Full Version"
of Windows XP and perform a "Repair Install".

Changing a Motherboard or Moving a Hard Drive with XP Installed
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/moving_xp.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP