How can I use an Amiga monitor as a test bench monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

How can I use an Amiga monitor as a test bench monitor?

Sorry I didn't post this on the other arcade newsgroup but my ISP
doesn't subscribe to it at home, and I noticed people talking about it
here.

I have a couple of the original Amiga 1080 monitors from my two A1000
machines.

I don't know about the 1080 but a 1084 works..

I bought a female "D" cable adapter from Radio Shack and wired it into a
JAMMA harness for my test bench. The male connector on the back of the
monitor should be marked 1-9 (look real close). These are the pinouts that
I used:

1
2 VID GND
3 RED
4 GREEN
5 BLUE
8 SYNC

-Steve P.

All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus

"Nate Goulet" <askifyouwantaaddress@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> How can I use an Amiga monitor as a test bench monitor?
>
> Sorry I didn't post this on the other arcade newsgroup but my ISP
> doesn't subscribe to it at home, and I noticed people talking about it
> here.
>
> I have a couple of the original Amiga 1080 monitors from my two A1000
> machines.

Thanks.

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 01:58:56 -0400, "Steve Prendergast"
<stevepren-newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I don't know about the 1080 but a 1084 works..
>
>I bought a female "D" cable adapter from Radio Shack and wired it into a
>JAMMA harness for my test bench. The male connector on the back of the
>monitor should be marked 1-9 (look real close). These are the pinouts that
>I used:
>
>1
>2 VID GND
>3 RED
>4 GREEN
>5 BLUE
>6
>7
>8 SYNC
>9
>

>--
>-Steve P.
>
>All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus
>
>"Nate Goulet" <askifyouwantaaddress@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> How can I use an Amiga monitor as a test bench monitor?
>>
>> Sorry I didn't post this on the other arcade newsgroup but my ISP
>> doesn't subscribe to it at home, and I noticed people talking about it
>> here.
>>
>> I have a couple of the original Amiga 1080 monitors from my two A1000
>> machines.

Sure thing...