system restore utility

System restore will not work on my desktop Dell 4600. The utility has plenty
of room to operate and it's "turned on" in all appropriate places but will
not operate. I've tried all the online suggestions (delete settings, reset,
try again) but nothing makes sys restore operable.

Is there a file I can download that will give me a clean copy of the
utility?

Sandra

To reinstall system restore, go to folder options, view, and check show
hidden files & folders, un-check hide extensions of known file types, apply,
ok.. Go to c:\windows\inf and right click the sr.inf file and click install.
This re-installation will wipe out all preexisting restore points and you
will be starting from scratch, so be warned.

j;-)