centrino access point

Can anyone recommend a home access point that will work with a centrino
based Toshiba notebook and does not suffer from the so called "centrino
problem"?

Currently I have a notebook that works fine at a different site and a home
network using an 18 month old USR 2249 access point. However, the centrino
notebook will not see the USR AP. I'm reluctant to try the new WI-FI
certified USR AP as US Robotics won't confirm it'll work with centrino. Also
the range of the USR seems to be very limited.

The Sparklan WX-1590 sounds promising but I've never seen the brand before.

http://www.zdnet.com.au/reviews/coolgear/wireless/0,39023505,20281086-7,00.htm

Paul F

riley

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

I've used Linksys APs (WAP11 and the WAP54G)and for my friends that
have Centrinos. I've also set up the Std .11 Router that Linksys
sells. (I think the model number is wrt11 or something) Anyways, they
works great.

Hi Riley
Thanks for the info in the meantime 3COM have insisted that their '3Com
OfficeConnect Wireless 11g Access Point' should work fine
http://uk.insight.com/apps/productpresentation/index.php?alert=categoryresults&product_id=3CM5778232
Mfr Part #: 3CRWE454G72
Has any one had experience of the above?
I note that the recommended Linksys WAP11 claims to have a range of 800 feet
and the 3com only 300Feet
http://uk.insight.com/apps/productpresentation/index.php?product_id=LNKNAWAP11

Thanks
Paul F

"Riley" <r_schuit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've used Linksys APs (WAP11 and the WAP54G)and for my friends that
> have Centrinos. I've also set up the Std .11 Router that Linksys
> sells. (I think the model number is wrt11 or something) Anyways, they
> works great.

TRENDING THREADS