Status
Not open for further replies.

hilarityensues

Honorable
May 2, 2012
I have a lenovo Y570 with the intel hd 3000/geforce gt 555m. I recently downloaded Call of Duty 4 and CoD World at War from steam along with Nvidia 310.90. These drivers are unstable for the 2 games, If I try and change resolution on multiplayer the game crashes. I tried to install 290.xx drivers, but the installation failed.

I searched around online, and numerous forums had people saying to remove the nvidia drivers using driver sweeper. I downloaded driver sweeper, clicked on the Nvidia drivers, uninstalled and rebooted. When I rebooted, I realized that driversweeper also removed essential files for my nvidia chipset. The nvidia icon shows up in the lower right hand corner, but when I click it I recieved a messege that says:

"You are not currently using a display attached to an nvidia driver".

I have tried going to Lenovo support and downloading the Intel Display and Chipset drivers. I also tried downloading Nvidia graphics and optimus drivers. Nothing is working.

Is there a driver I can download to fix this, or do I need to send my laptop into Lenovo for repairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS