Cna't get into safe mode even though normal mode works

Hello,
I've got a problem booting Windows XP in safe mode though it works wll
in normal mode.
I press on f8 at the begining, I do get the menu where I chose the
option "safe mode" and then it seems to boot up but after a few seconds
all I get is a black screnn and a blinking cursor on the top left (this
lasts for more then 15 mins when I get fed up and try again)
What can I do? Thanks in advance...

Bugsy

--
Bugsytor
1 answer Last reply

    Enable a Boot Log: Press F8 on restart, to choose the bootlog option. Look in the %windir% for NTBTLOG.TXT and some hint of what is
    failing. (Some device file probably.)

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Bugsytor" <Bugsytor.1sr11o@pcbanter.net> wrote in message news:Bugsytor.1sr11o@pcbanter.net...

    > Hello,
    > I've got a problem booting Windows XP in safe mode though it works wll
    > in normal mode.
    > I press on f8 at the begining, I do get the menu where I chose the
    > option "safe mode" and then it seems to boot up but after a few seconds
    > all I get is a black screnn and a blinking cursor on the top left (this
    > lasts for more then 15 mins when I get fed up and try again)
    > What can I do? Thanks in advance...
    >
    > Bugsy
    >

    > --
    > Bugsytor