help me!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

i just got a new geforce 2 mx but it wont work right because i dont know how to disable my current integrated card. does anyone know how to disable it?

never fear, the bdtman is here!

madmanbmw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
We need some more info man. What kind of mobo are you using? Check jumpers and bios settings. Refer to the manual.

Madison
mmcmajor@apex.net

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
The manual should be your best source of info.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

G

im using a intel 440bx slot1. the manual says nothing about how to disable it and neither does the documentation which came with the system restoration cd.hey does anyone have some C4 explosives? if you do, can you bomb gateways main building ;)?

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
o0o0oh a Gateway!! I hate them too. Anyway have you been able to get in the BIOS at all??? You'll find it is a stripped down, do nothing P.O.S. Better of just buying a new mobo or fiddling in the BIOS. I doubt it is an option as OEM computer manufacturers frown on quality and options.

Your Signature Sucks

G

yeah your right about the bios its the dumbest POS IVE EVER SEEN! it doesnt let you touch half of the settings!!! NOW I REALLY WANNA BOMB GATEWAY

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
actually I have run across a couple of nice gateway OEM boards, but I digress I have also run across some dogs as well. I think I can help you but first I need some information, copy down your bios revision and from that I can track your motherboard and look at the manual. You can find this by entering the cmos setup.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
by the way is your mx card a pci or a AGP? It must be a pci if you have integrated graphics with the bx oem gateway board due to the fact I am not aware of them including any integrated graphics along with an agp slot on a bx chipset board. A good temporary solution would be to boot with the integrated graphics go into bios change the setting of primary video adapter from AGP to PCI. Save settings and shutdown, install mx card and attach to monitor. Upon boot you should detect new hardware and as long as you are running an OS with dual monitor support ( 98 or newer) have the option to enable both. After you get both running you can then go into device manager and disable the onboard graphics in windows.

G

i have tried what you told me and i think it worked- the old video card is still on the list but theres a x on the icon right next to it and the new video card works fine, but the only thing is when i talked to people before i bought it (they all have the same speed system as i do) and they said that they got a 3dmark score of 3000+ but i only get 1000. i have a 350mhz pentium 2 with 96mb ram and a prophet 2 mx 32mb PCI. heres all the info on my computer at this page: http://www.gateway.com/support/techdocs/references/motherboard/4r4cb0xa/4r4cb0xa.shtml#top

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<font color=red>but the only thing is when i talked to people before i bought it (they all have the same speed system as i do) and they said that they got a 3dmark score of 3000+ but i only get 1000. </font color=red>

what test are you using 3mark2000 or 3dark2001? As for the video adapter that has the red x by it in device manager click on it and make sure you check the box that says "disable in this profile"

G

im using 3dmark 2000 (2001 doesnt work) i did check to see if it says disable in this hardware profile and it did.