My Pictures in Desktop BAckground dialog

My problem is that all the images in the My Pictures folder and all its
subfolders are appearing in the list of images in the Deasktop Background
dialog (Display Properties). Now the thing is I don't want any of them there,
they were only added after I decided to set my wallpaper as something from a
subfolder of the My Pictures folder.

I've looked all over for answers for this problem and have found nothing
that fixes the problem properly or permanently. I will not move my pictures
to another folder, nor will I change the path for the My Pictures folder in
the registry. There is no excuse for this behaviour, especially since it
doesn't seem to happen on a clean install or until you use a picture from My
Pictures as a background - indicating that perhaps it can be changed with
something as simple as a registry setting. The problem is that I have found
no answer to this problem, even from Microsoft certified technicians from
other sites.

If nobody has a permanent solution to the problem, could you please let me
know how I could possibly contact someone from Microsoft directly to solve
this problem?

"Dirtie" <Dirtie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My problem is that all the images in the My Pictures folder and all its
> subfolders are appearing in the list of images in the Deasktop Background
> dialog (Display Properties). Now the thing is I don't want any of them
> there,
> they were only added after I decided to set my wallpaper as something from
> subfolder of the My Pictures folder.
>
> I've looked all over for answers for this problem and have found nothing
> that fixes the problem properly or permanently. I will not move my
> pictures
> to another folder, nor will I change the path for the My Pictures folder
> in
> the registry. There is no excuse for this behaviour, especially since it
> doesn't seem to happen on a clean install or until you use a picture from
> My
> Pictures as a background - indicating that perhaps it can be changed with
> something as simple as a registry setting. The problem is that I have
> found
> no answer to this problem, even from Microsoft certified technicians from
> other sites.
>
> If nobody has a permanent solution to the problem, could you please let me
> know how I could possibly contact someone from Microsoft directly to solve
> this problem?

This is how XP works.

Pictures list - Display Properties Background tab
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/background.htm

[Courtesy of Ramesh Srinivasan, MVP]

--
William

Then how come it doesn't happen until something specific is trriggered?

> "WTC" wrote:
>
>> "Dirtie" <Dirtie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My problem is that all the images in the My Pictures folder and all its
>> > subfolders are appearing in the list of images in the Deasktop
>> > Background
>> > dialog (Display Properties). Now the thing is I don't want any of them
>> > there,
>> > they were only added after I decided to set my wallpaper as something
>> > from
>> > subfolder of the My Pictures folder.
>> >
>> > I've looked all over for answers for this problem and have found
>> > nothing
>> > that fixes the problem properly or permanently. I will not move my
>> > pictures
>> > to another folder, nor will I change the path for the My Pictures
>> > folder
>> > in
>> > the registry. There is no excuse for this behaviour, especially since
>> > it
>> > doesn't seem to happen on a clean install or until you use a picture
>> > from
>> > My
>> > Pictures as a background - indicating that perhaps it can be changed
>> > with
>> > something as simple as a registry setting. The problem is that I have
>> > found
>> > no answer to this problem, even from Microsoft certified technicians
>> > from
>> > other sites.
>> >
>> > If nobody has a permanent solution to the problem, could you please let
>> > me
>> > know how I could possibly contact someone from Microsoft directly to
>> > solve
>> > this problem?
>>

>> This is how XP works.
>>
>> Pictures list - Display Properties Background tab
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/background.htm
>>
>> [Courtesy of Ramesh Srinivasan, MVP]
>>
> Then how come it doesn't happen until something specific is trriggered?

I am sorry, I do not know why. Maybe someone will come along and know the
answer.

Good Luck.

--
William

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:16:01 -0700, Dirtie wrote:

> My problem is that all the images in the My Pictures folder and all its
> subfolders are appearing in the list of images in the Deasktop Background
> dialog (Display Properties). Now the thing is I don't want any of them there,
> they were only added after I decided to set my wallpaper as something from a
> subfolder of the My Pictures folder.
>
> I've looked all over for answers for this problem and have found nothing
> that fixes the problem properly or permanently. I will not move my pictures
> to another folder, nor will I change the path for the My Pictures folder in
> the registry. There is no excuse for this behaviour, especially since it
> doesn't seem to happen on a clean install or until you use a picture from My
> Pictures as a background - indicating that perhaps it can be changed with
> something as simple as a registry setting. The problem is that I have found
> no answer to this problem, even from Microsoft certified technicians from
> other sites.
>
> If nobody has a permanent solution to the problem, could you please let me
> know how I could possibly contact someone from Microsoft directly to solve
> this problem?

Add more pictures to your folder. Once you get past a certain number, I
think it's 100, the images from My Pictures (other than one you've selected
as wallpaper) are no longer listed as available background images.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User