How to Repair with Install Disc

How do you do a repair from a installation disc? I know you have to change
some order of drives but I don't like to mess with the bios. I need to know
step by step on how to do a FULL repair.

You'll need to open BIOS,priority boot device,change from hd to cd with
xp cd in it,once booted to xp cd,select,install xp,repair this copy.However
repair is a waste of youre time,if xp is corrupted,repair probably wont help.
To try a diffrent repair,install xp cd,exit the info page,then go to
run,type:cmd
In cmd type:Sfc /Scannow This repairs windows components,once its thru,type:
CHKDSK C: /F Agree to restart,then type:EXIT Restart computer,remove xp
cd.

"a1hdbiker" wrote:

> How do you do a repair from a installation disc? I know you have to change
> some order of drives but I don't like to mess with the bios. I need to know
> step by step on how to do a FULL repair.

See here for Repair Install instructions

Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
http://www.microsoft.com/mvp

"a1hdbiker" <ahdbiker@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> How do you do a repair from a installation disc? I know you have to change
> some order of drives but I don't like to mess with the bios. I need to
> know
> step by step on how to do a FULL repair.

I have tried everything that I was told how to repair and nothing worked so I
guess I will JUST RESTORE MY H/D.