Mysterious Explorer window on startup

Hi all,

I've fixed this problem before but now it's come back and I can't
remember how I did it :rolleyes:

Basically, on startup of XP an explorer window always opens listing the
contents of \Program Files\Common.

I'm sure I fixed this before by tweaking the registry somewhere. I
think that Norton or something has a tendancy to amend the registry to
open up this window on startup???

Hope someone can help!

--
stokesd3

Start>Run MSCONFIG, and look at all the items that are are supposed to
run at startup. There will be some syntax error in one of them. For
example, an incomplete path or a long entry with missing quotes, etc.

You will probably have to locate the appropriate item in the Registry
and correct it there.

If you are unable to determine which entry is causing the problem,
disable a few (in MSCONFIG), reboot, until you isolate the one
responsible.

I have the same problem after installing Scansoft Omniform 5.0. Uninstalling
"fixes"
the problem. Haven't tried reinstalling yet. I'll follow this thread with
interest. Thank you!