Folders turned into files.

austin

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

Hi

I hope so hard that someone can help me out here. I have about 5
partitions on my hard disk. My C drive was for Win98 and the D - G was
WinXP. REcently i wanted to upgrade Win98 on C:\ to WinXP and i
upgraded it. When i returned back to my D:\, i found that many folders
were corrupted. Its like they have been turned into files. I have lost
some very important and sentimental work to this. Is there ANY WAY i
can get my data back from those folders?

For example, when i booted up in my C drive, some folders had
non-english characters. and every file in those folders also had these
same non-english characters. I assumed, those folders must have been
corrupted during my installations of XP. So when i booted up in my D
drive, i had an initial diskscan, which i didnt thought nothing off,
but as it scanned, it started turning folders into files. When it all
finished, and i finally booted through my D drive, i found that all the
folders which had non-english names, were turned into files. they were
simply files with no extention at all whatsoever and the size was
32kb.

2 days ago, i decided to recreate the error. I found a few more folders
with non-english names when i booted through my C drive. But when i
booted again in my D Drive, those folders were alright. So im guessing,
while the diskscan, XP thought those folders were corrpt and changed
those folders back into files.

I KNOW those files are still there becoz they are occuping space on my
harddisk. Is there ANYWAY i can get those files back? Or is there
ANYWAY i can access those files directly through sectors or something?
i tried DOS but those folders were showing.

--
Austin

max_666

did anyone found out the solution of this problem??if any then plz mail me at birkhetoxicity@yahoo.com... plz someone help me wid it.