XP Pro SP2 will not open Run, Help, Control Panel, Explore..

July 26, 2005 9:14:07 AM

When I last booted I got a popup that said it had to use an earlier
version of the registry. I tried Safe Mode in order to use an earlier
restore point, but neither the restore utility nor help would open. I
installed the OS 2 days ago and the only apps that I've loaded are
PowerDesk, WinRAR, BitLord, GrabIt, FireFox, ThunderBird, GTA San
Andreas, Alcohol 120%, Adobe Acrobat Reader, and TextPad. This happened
after AutoUpdate said that it had encountered an error after I OK'd it's
request to restart so it could install the updates. I haven't a clue as
to how to remedy the situation as I can't use any of the apps to find
out what is causing the major foul up. Any ideas? I'd greatly
appreciate any guidance that may be forthcoming. I honestly loathe
Windows XP, but have yet to find an OS that can run all the games and
apps that I enjoy.

--
champayne
Anonymous