Turning off windows password requirement

I am using windows 98 and was wondering if there was some way to save my
password so I do not have to "sign in" every time I start my computer. That
is, someway windows knows who I am and just automatically signs me on.
2 answers Last reply
More about turning windows password requirement

    Hi

    Download TweakUI from
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx and
    when installed go to Programs>Powertoys for Windows XP>Tweak UI - then go to
    Logon>Autologon

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Zoom" <Zoom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > I am using windows 98 and was wondering if there was some way to save my
    > password so I do not have to "sign in" every time I start my computer.
    > That
    > is, someway windows knows who I am and just automatically signs me on.
  2. While you forgot windows logon password, you could enter safe mode (F8 when booting up) to retrieve windows password when you lost user account password, but when you forgot administrator passwords, there's no way to change it, you have to use a software program to recover administrator password. Last week, I forgot my Windows administrator password. Last, I use ”Windows Password Seeker“ to retrieve the Windows password successfully. It’s worth an attempt.

Windows 98 Microsoft Windows XP