Which External Hard Drive?

I am searching for a reliable external hard drive for my Dell PC, OS 98se.
I did not know that so many brands existed. I am considering:
1. Toshiba
2. Iomega
3. LaCie
4. Seagate
5. Western Digital
6. Maxtor
7. Iogear
8. Fantom
I have researched most of them and, of course, their advertising claims
promises fantastic results. I need one in the 200 to 300-gig range. What
would you recommend? Thanks in advance.

I got a 250GB Western Digital a couple of months ago from Sam's Club for
$140 including tax and put it into an external USB enclosure from
www.newegg.com .

I use Acronis True Image to perform backups of my computer. It all works
fine.