Upgrading WAP54G Firmware

I've got a Linksys WAP54G running 1.06 firmware. I guess its a v1.0 AP since
they started paritioning upgrades for v1.0, .1 and 2.0 after I purchased
mine.

I want to upgrade to the latest firmware v2.06 to add client mode. Will v2.0
firmware work on v1.0 hardware? Can I tell conclusively that I have v1.0
hardware? What upgrade path is best to go from 1.06 to 2.06? Any insight
will be appreciated.

TIA
Bob

Bob Lund wrote:
> I've got a Linksys WAP54G running 1.06 firmware. I guess its a v1.0 AP since
> they started paritioning upgrades for v1.0, .1 and 2.0 after I purchased
> mine.
>
> I want to upgrade to the latest firmware v2.06 to add client mode. Will v2.0
> firmware work on v1.0 hardware? Can I tell conclusively that I have v1.0
> hardware? What upgrade path is best to go from 1.06 to 2.06? Any insight
> will be appreciated.
>
> TIA
> Bob

If you have an EU version you can upgrade to version 2.07. But you have
to upgrade to version 1.09 first.

--
Diederik