Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

After putting in a new dvd burner into my box, my machine froze on boot up.
it goes past the black screen with the horizontal cobalt blue moving bar, but
freezes at the royal blue screen with the two horizontal yellow brown bars
with windows sp logo on right side mid screen. I removed the drive and
reconnected the old dvd rom, with no success. I put my XP Cd in the drive
and trying to boot up and im getting to the same place. any help would be
greatly appreciated.

No boot from CD is a BIOS error. I would try default settings for the BIOS or check the BIOS setup report, at least.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12E00F7B-62E4-4182-8824-D0434917B9E5@microsoft.com...
> After putting in a new dvd burner into my box, my machine froze on boot up.
> it goes past the black screen with the horizontal cobalt blue moving bar, but
> freezes at the royal blue screen with the two horizontal yellow brown bars
> with windows sp logo on right side mid screen. I removed the drive and
> reconnected the old dvd rom, with no success. I put my XP Cd in the drive
> and trying to boot up and im getting to the same place. any help would be
> greatly appreciated.

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I can get the point where I can select Safe Mode but it still hangs up on the
blue screen with the logo. I can get into the BIOS without a problem. It
seems to be after the BIOS when Windows should be booting up. I disconnected
everything aside from my hard drive as well.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> No boot from CD is a BIOS error. I would try default settings for the BIOS or check the BIOS setup report, at least.
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12E00F7B-62E4-4182-8824-D0434917B9E5@microsoft.com...
> > After putting in a new dvd burner into my box, my machine froze on boot up.
> > it goes past the black screen with the horizontal cobalt blue moving bar, but
> > freezes at the royal blue screen with the two horizontal yellow brown bars
> > with windows sp logo on right side mid screen. I removed the drive and
> > reconnected the old dvd rom, with no success. I put my XP Cd in the drive
> > and trying to boot up and im getting to the same place. any help would be
> > greatly appreciated.

No boot from CD is a BIOS error. (or a damaged CD drive, or copy of the install disk)

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B0B9022-BCA7-490B-BDAF-515E7DE3D1E8@microsoft.com...
>I can get the point where I can select Safe Mode but it still hangs up on the
> blue screen with the logo. I can get into the BIOS without a problem. It
> seems to be after the BIOS when Windows should be booting up. I disconnected
> everything aside from my hard drive as well.
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> No boot from CD is a BIOS error. I would try default settings for the BIOS or check the BIOS setup report, at least.
>>
>> --
>> Mark L. Ferguson
>> FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>> "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12E00F7B-62E4-4182-8824-D0434917B9E5@microsoft.com...
>> > After putting in a new dvd burner into my box, my machine froze on boot up.
>> > it goes past the black screen with the horizontal cobalt blue moving bar, but
>> > freezes at the royal blue screen with the two horizontal yellow brown bars
>> > with windows sp logo on right side mid screen. I removed the drive and
>> > reconnected the old dvd rom, with no success. I put my XP Cd in the drive
>> > and trying to boot up and im getting to the same place. any help would be
>> > greatly appreciated.

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am CERTAIN that it is NOT a BIOS error. I was able to use a formatted hard
drive and load my XP disk and install a clean and new version on this drive
without a hitch. The problem either lies in my hard-drive or the software on
my hard drive.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> No boot from CD is a BIOS error. (or a damaged CD drive, or copy of the install disk)
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B0B9022-BCA7-490B-BDAF-515E7DE3D1E8@microsoft.com...
> >I can get the point where I can select Safe Mode but it still hangs up on the
> > blue screen with the logo. I can get into the BIOS without a problem. It
> > seems to be after the BIOS when Windows should be booting up. I disconnected
> > everything aside from my hard drive as well.
> >
> > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
> >
> >> No boot from CD is a BIOS error. I would try default settings for the BIOS or check the BIOS setup report, at least.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mark L. Ferguson
> >> FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

I pass.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35D7261D-4711-4341-A369-D1BB54B4D293@microsoft.com...
>I am CERTAIN that it is NOT a BIOS error. I was able to use a formatted hard
> drive and load my XP disk and install a clean and new version on this drive
> without a hitch. The problem either lies in my hard-drive or the software on
> my hard drive.
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> No boot from CD is a BIOS error. (or a damaged CD drive, or copy of the install disk)
>>
>> --
>> Mark L. Ferguson
>> FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>> "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B0B9022-BCA7-490B-BDAF-515E7DE3D1E8@microsoft.com...
>> >I can get the point where I can select Safe Mode but it still hangs up on the
>> > blue screen with the logo. I can get into the BIOS without a problem. It
>> > seems to be after the BIOS when Windows should be booting up. I disconnected
>> > everything aside from my hard drive as well.

vmanu

Distinguished
May 29, 2011
unfortunately, the main booting files of your windows xp are corrupted. you will have to remove xp totally from ur hdd and then install it again. if your xp starts, run the system restore wizard to overcome this problem.