Windows disc for laptop Toshiba L300

I need to download a windows disc for my laptop L300 as I have tried everything I can to get my laptop working. Ove tried the recovery discs but they won't work. Which is the best one that's free, to download and what shall I type in the search bar, thank tiy x
3 answers Last reply
More about windows disc laptop toshiba l300
  1. Any Windows installation disc that's free is illegal and we'll have nothing to do with illegal software here. If you want a Windows disc, stay legal and buy one.

Now, about those recovery discs that won't work. Have you pressed and held down the <F12> key as soon as you turn on your laptop? Keep <F12> pressed until the boot menu appears, then select the CD drive as the boot device and press <Enter>.

If you don't do that, your laptop will not boot from recovery disc #1
  2. Thanks for your reply.

I did exactly what you said and the message that came up was

WINDOWS IS LOADING FILES

and the the message saying

WINDOWS CANNOT REPAIR THIS COMPUTER AUTOMATICALLY

then I have to click either VIEW DIAGNOSTIC AND REPAIR DETAILS

or

VIEW ADVANCED OPTIONS FOR SYSTEMS RECOVER. AND SUPPORT

when I click the first one, there is a whole lot of logs and I don't know which to select

The second option takes me choose a recovery tool

Tried the F12 at the start but sill my discs won't run

Getting mega cheesed off now
  3. Go to Toshiba's forum and search around for a similar situation that others are having.

Your only other recourse is to buy an OEM version of Windows 7. The OEM version is less expensive than the retail version; I believe it's selling for around $100 at Amazon. The difference is as follows:

OEM - Original Equipment Manufacturer - The operating system is tied to that specific laptop / desktop. If you wish to install it on a different laptop / desktop, then you need to call Microsoft to unlock the key so that you can re-install. You get no windows 7 customer support from MS.

Retail - This is the full version for around $169 at Amazon. You do not have to call Microsoft if you want to re-install it on a different laptop or computer. You can do it anytime you want. This does not mean you can install Win 7 on multiple computers using the same product key. One on PC per license. You get software support from MS.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Download Toshiba