Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinkletoes

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
Hey, i just got a new laptop, and a new internett + router
ive got the asus black knight rt-n66y
and on my laptop, a 802.11 b/g/n networks card

my desktop can pick up 60/60mbs while my laptop has got more like 1/0.5 this shouldnt be right, as my desktop it getting its wifi from the same room, andf a usb stick

my network is so slow, i cant talk in skype, and vids take hours to watch. this is not a prob with the rest of the computer, its fairly beast, but that i cant wach a 240p vid without having to wait for it to load is dissapointing, my phone can do better

if you're only getting 60mb on the desktop, I would check the settins in the webpage for your router at: http://192.168.1.1.

I tried looking for a detailed pics of your router's web interface, but I only found the basic settings setup pages.

I had to change a setting in my other brand of router from 20mhz? to 40mhz in order to get my devices to connect faster than the 60ish mps that I was getting before that.

Make sure that you are using WP2 as the encryption method per your router's documentation that I just found, or else it drops the wireless to wireless G...although you are getting a tiny bit above G speeds already.

Twinkletoes

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
Hey Danny, ive read and read, but after all. i cant remember my UI password, so im pretty much locked out of my router, iver tried the deafult, nothing. is there a way to reset this, a "Forgot Password" function

thanks so far,

:D

I'd also like to take the chance now to say that even 60Mb/s should not be slow. Many of my laptops run on 54Mb/s WiFi G and they're still very fast with internet since my internet connection is still only a 24Mb/s connection from Comcast. OP said that his/her problem is getting barely 1Mb/s or less, not getting a fully capable network bandwidth of ~60Mb/s. OP also said that it's only the one laptop having this issue.

THe op should be connecting at at around 150mbs - 300mbs if they have a wireless N adaptor; Neither laptop nor desktop is connecting anywhere near that. The fact that one is connecting at 60-65mbs indicates that both have a problem at connecting at proper speeds to the router.

The documentation states how to do a reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.