reinstall windows xp

I want to uninstall windows xp home and reinstall it but i do not have my
disk however i do have my product code etc is there a way to do this
4 answers Last reply
More about reinstall windows

    You may have the recovery files on a hidden partition. Call your
    manufacturer.
    "Pitbull" <Pitbull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I want to uninstall windows xp home and reinstall it but i do not have my
    > disk however i do have my product code etc is there a way to do this

    Pitbull

    Contact the vendor of the computer and ask them what provisions they have
    made for a customer to recover the computer to 'factory'.. if you were
    supplied with a manual, the instructions may well be found there.. at the
    very least, there should be contact information...

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Pitbull" <Pitbull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I want to uninstall windows xp home and reinstall it but i do not have my
    > disk however i do have my product code etc is there a way to do this

    "Pitbull" <Pitbull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I want to uninstall windows xp home and reinstall it but i do not have my
    > disk however i do have my product code etc is there a way to do this

    No. You cannot re-install without a CD! (Or a recover CD or a hidden
    partition)

    "Pitbull" <Pitbull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I want to uninstall windows xp home and reinstall it but i do not have my
    >disk however i do have my product code etc is there a way to do this

    Why?

    Pretty much everthing in Windows XP can be reconfigured or uninstalled
    if you need to change something about your installation.

    If you can describe the reasons why you are not happy with your
    present install then you should receive some suggestions as to how to
    overcome these without the "capital punishment" approach of doing a
    reinstall.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --