reinstall windows xp

July 26, 2005 11:06:12 AM

I want to uninstall windows xp home and reinstall it but i do not have my
disk however i do have my product code etc is there a way to do this

More about : reinstall windows

July 26, 2005 2:25:30 PM

You may have the recovery files on a hidden partition. Call your
manufacturer.
"Pitbull" <Pitbull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to uninstall windows xp home and reinstall it but i do not have my
> disk however i do have my product code etc is there a way to do this
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 2:25:34 PM

Pitbull

Contact the vendor of the computer and ask them what provisions they have
made for a customer to recover the computer to 'factory'.. if you were
supplied with a manual, the instructions may well be found there.. at the
very least, there should be contact information...

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Pitbull" <Pitbull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to uninstall windows xp home and reinstall it but i do not have my
> disk however i do have my product code etc is there a way to do this
Related resources
July 26, 2005 8:00:23 PM

"Pitbull" <Pitbull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to uninstall windows xp home and reinstall it but i do not have my
> disk however i do have my product code etc is there a way to do this

No. You cannot re-install without a CD! (Or a recover CD or a hidden
partition)
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 8:27:51 AM

"Pitbull" <Pitbull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I want to uninstall windows xp home and reinstall it but i do not have my
>disk however i do have my product code etc is there a way to do this

Why?

Pretty much everthing in Windows XP can be reconfigured or uninstalled
if you need to change something about your installation.

If you can describe the reasons why you are not happy with your
present install then you should receive some suggestions as to how to
overcome these without the "capital punishment" approach of doing a
reinstall.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--