Turning into Dekstop

Status
Not open for further replies.

james w 2

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Hello everyone, i have a HP pavillion g6, i bought it around 6 months ago but even soon it became giving me headaches with the 85c+ temps while running games! I've tryed everything and nothing seems to fix it, so this is my last resource, i want to know if i can diassemble it and turn it into a desktop so it has more ventilation and i can add other fans, i already have a case, can this be done and how hard would it be? Thanks :)

if the unit is under warranty talk to hp about you returning it for a refund. you have to talk to a lev 2 or 3 customer support rep.
let them know unit is over heating but also that it did not meet your needs. laptop mb are not the same as a desktop mb. they wont line up on standard atx case. have to do a lot of jurry rigging. your better off trying to get your money back and buying a desktop or building one.

james w 2

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Wow i didn't know they could refund me, is it totality or just a percentage of what i paid? But yes it is under warranty!

james w 2

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

Well i really don't have hope on getting it fixed, after hours of googling there was tons of people saying it was the laptop inner design fault, and they sent it there and hp said nothing was wrong... (Thiefs :fou: )

zdbc13

Distinguished
If HP won't fix it you can do anything you want. Taking off the outer case may or may not help. If you do take it off, point a small fan at the cpu area before you use it. Be careful with the little cables, they are sensitive....

Status
Not open for further replies.